cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SSA2.0 and 2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any note that explains the major differences between 2.0 and 2.1 both in terms of data model and SSA UI settings? I see that a few of options I had in 2.0 are missing in 2.1.

Thanks,

Voodi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Voodi,

Release notes for each version of the application are available which mentions few of the new features introduced. Use the following path to locate the release notes for each release.

http://help.sap.com -> SAP BusinessObjects -> EPM Solutions -> Spend Performance Management

Here you will find the 3 releases. Pick the appropriate release and click the [open] link to locate the link to release notes.

Can you mention the option you had in 2.0 that you feel is missing in 2.1 We may have introduced a new feature that has replaced the old option.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply - as usual. I will check the release notes.

I just got into the system, and the first thing I observed missing was -

User preferences - General - Primary role - where I can assign myself as admin to create custom detail reports to spend measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Voodi,

There are 2 parts to your question.

Primary Role - This concept does not exist in SPM 2.1 This was used in 2.0 to specify which Browse menu (Content Tree) to display. In SPM 2.1 there is only one Browse menu (Content Tree).

Data Source - This concept still exists in SPM 2.1 This is used to determine which 'Dimensions & Measures' are displayed when user wants to create new reports.

So in your case (when using a SPM 2.1 system) you would select the detail data source to create a new detail report and save it under the 'Detail Report' folder, next under measure properties select a specific measure -> under Detail Reports tab you select the detail report created to link it to this measure, provided you are an administrator.

So basically the functionality still exists to create a new detail report and link it to a measure.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I guess it would take some getting used to the new layout.

And other thing I see missing is Release to reporting tab in Perform data Upload task. I just see data received/data loading validation. Is that something that is obsolete too?

Edited by: voodi on Feb 8, 2011 4:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No release to reporting in not obsolete. Not sure why you are not able to see this tab. Please open up a customer message for this (provide necessary system connections and ID's to login).

Regards,

Rohit