0 Kudos

hey guys,

we have a 3 system landscape with the following clients:

DEV 100: golden configuration client

DEV 200: unit test

CIQ 100: qa configuration client

ciq 200: quality/test client

cip 100: production client

I have all the clients locked down to "not modifiable for both customizing and repository objects" except the DEV 100 client. One of my analysts wants to make changes to the master data in the unit test client because the master data is not there in the configuration client. Should I open this unit test client for modifications? If I do so, will I need to import the changes to CIQ and CIP through transport method or would those changes be made manually ? any kind of best practices surround the changes to master data ? My main concern is that if I open the unit test client, everybody would start doing development and customizing in that client and the configuration client would go out of sync. Please advise.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Some times due to configuration / data mismatch, developer required the available client.

for limited purpose you can open the client and copy the same tr into your deve client using scc1.

from dev client you can release to qas or prd..

With Regards

CSK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customizing should be done in the customizing client, and only in that one. So in your case it could make sense to import the customizing to the unit test client. There are various ways to do this, some manually for example with SCC1 (there is a report which could be scheduled as well), or use the TMS to automatically import released requests.

Cheers Michael