cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Satellite Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts.

I'm starting to create some systems through smsy tx, but they're unavailable when I try to create a new message, through solution_manager tx....

Actually, I want to release my satellite systems, to be selected when a new service desk message was created...

Anyone has some tutorial about this?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Please try the following:

Please check with ta "SPRO", if your iBASE has been set up correctly:

SAP Solution Manager > Basic Settings > SAP Solution Manager System > Service Desk > iBASE:

Here please check, if your satellite systems and Business Partners have been assigned to your iBASE.

I also refer to the following notes for iBASE as well.

SAP Note 897538 - Determining system data for IBase

SAP Note 885818 - Correct iBase component is not determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts...

Actually, I found iBase area, on SPRO, but my information are not updated on ticket creation screen...

I already run the ibase update on solution_manager tx...

Only my SAP system are displayed on new ticket... and I need to offer some third party options to my users...

Any idea?

Regards!

😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can get the satelite systems by simple customizing as stated in SPRO, do create the RFC destination(hope this done when u setup smsy)and maintain the entry in the table BCOS_CUST. you can all the customizing in SPRO itself.

refer this too [|]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts.

I found the following link, about the same issue: (no aswered)

I have to create a new iBase for each satellite system....

😃

Thanks!

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This document will help you set-up Service Desk

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dummies

And I think the specific section you may be interested in is ins section 12,

12. Define Service Desk destination in the Satellite systems:

This should help.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Actually, I think that I note be clear... 😃

My service desk is already done, but now, I need to create my satellite systems, into SMSY, and make them appear when my users will create a new message...

They'll create into solution_manager (tx code), filled in the "System/IBase"... and I want to put my satellites systems, available into this option too... Nowadays, only my SAP systems can be choosen...

How can I create them, to work at this place too?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I guess you should walk trough tcode "SPRO" and choose there "Service Desk" within your SAP Solution Manager.

All necessary steps for the integration of Service Desk for your sattelite systems are described there.