Did you mean: 

Problem with DCs

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SDN!

We're using NWDI track for our development for NW CE 7.2

During development process we encountered the following problem:

1. resolving conflicts when two developers changing the same Web Dynpro DC at the same time NWDS didn't allow us to resolve conflicts with message "unable to get version from local workspace" when we tried to perform a "show difference" operation

2. I tried to remove and recreate development configuration but when I was syncing DCs I faced with errors like this one:

"Cannot synchronize DC , compartName=sng.ru_Z_SC_INDEXES_1, vendor=sng.ru, name=wd/common/java (Error downloading DCIA for DC: sng.ru/wd/common/java)"

How we can resolve these errors?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

The error that you have mentioned...

"Error downloading DCIA for DC"

compels me to think that some of the archives or the files that wraps the information about archives (metadata), are missing from the DTR.

DCIAs are nothing but Development Component Interface Archives.

Please check whether the files with extension

.classpath, .dcdef, .project, files under

DCs\<DC Namespce>\<DC Name>\_comp folder;

.dcref file under

SCs\<SC Namespace>\<SC Name>\_comp\TopLevelDCs folder;

.package files under

DCs\<DC Namespce>\<DC Name>\_comp\def\packages folder;

in DTR are intact or not?

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyas! Thak you for answer.

.classpath, .dcdef, .project, files under

DCs\<DC Namespce>\<DC Name>\_comp folder;

There are only .dcdef files in DTR and all of these files in development configuration on my laptop

.dcref file under

SCs\<SC Namespace>\<SC Name>\_comp\TopLevelDCs folder;

It's OK in DTR but in development configuraiton I have no folder "TopLevelDCs" under path "SCs\<SC Namespace>\<SC Name>\_comp\"

.package files under

DCs\<DC Namespce>\<DC Name>\_comp\def\packages folder;

There are no such files neither in DTR nor in development configuration. There're only *.pp files in such folders.

Regards, Lev

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

I doubt something has gone wrong with your project file system.

The files that I have mentioned should be present in both DTR and your Local Machine.

As these files are missing in the DTR, when you are trying to sync, it is giving the errors that you have mentioned.

You can still try your luck using "Sync to Date" option to recover your last working version.

Please follow the below mentioned steps.

1) Assuming that you have currently loaded your Track and you can see the available DCs inside.

2) Right-click the DC that you want to recover and from the context menu select DTR>sync>Sync To date option.

3) In the pop up provide the Date input. This means that, you are now above to sync your local DC to the old closed version based on your Date inputs.

4) You have successfully synced your local current working version with the desired old version.

5) Now, take a back up of this synced DC version and remember under which namespace it is residing.

6) Copy the same DC under your Local Development u201CMyComponentsu201D SC.

7) Now right-click remove your track (development configurations) from your current workspace.

8) Go to DTR web UI navigate to your DC path

(http://<host>:<port>/dtr/ws/<Track_Name>/<SC_Name>/dev/inactive/DCs/<Namespace>/<DC_Name>)

9) On the right hand side click on the Delete Resource button to delete the DC

10) Now, navigate to the SCs path

(http://<host>:<port>/dtr/ws/<Track_Name>/<SC_Name>/dev/inactive/SCs/hul.com/NWSC/_comp/TopLevelDCs/)

11) Delete the file <DC_Name>.dcref in the same way by clicking on delete resource.

12) Again import the same development configurations, this time it will not contain the deleted DC.

13) Copy the DC from u201CMyComponentsu201D Local Development and paste it inside the Track SC.

14) Ensure the DC permissions are pointing to Track SC instead of u201CMyComponentu201D SC.

15) Resolve all the dependencies and create a project structure and then right-click your DC and choose u201CAdd to Source Controlu201D option.

16) This action will result in activity creation. This activity will now contain your entire DC source code.

17) Check-In, Activate and Release this activity.

18) Thatu2019s all; you have now successfully Checked-In your old synced version as it is.

You can also go through the below mentioned thread to understand the "Sync to Date" operation in details.

My apologies for the long explanation.

Let me know about you findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Please share your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas!

Sorry for late answer but I unfortunatelly have no time to check your advice. I'll do it later...

regards, Lev

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

If yes, then please mark the thread as answered.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya