cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to Order..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the make to order process, I am starting with Inquiry, quotation and MTO. The FG stock is stored against the Inquiry number, instead of Order number.

Is there any setting that i am supposed to do, so that the produced stock will be against the Sales order number instead of Inquiry number.

thanks

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below process.

Make u2013 to u2013 order production is nothing but manufacturing the standard material by taking/changing characteristics of the material that slightly changes the standard material. Customer will have a choice to choose this characteristic depending on the requirements from the customer. This specific material is going to be produced and can be maintained in the system as Make u2013 to u2013 order product (sales order item) by specifying a special stock indicator in upper case E sales order requirements passed on to MRP through u201Crequirement typeu201D from the sales order and subsequently the business produces this materials by adding this feature.The cost and revenues that are involved in this product collectively assign to sales order item. The costs are allocated to profitable analysis. Make u2013 to u2013 order the requirement type controls production. The requirement type is determined on the basis of the MRP group and strategy group in the material master. When we save the sales order by specifying the Make u2013 to u2013 order item that initiates the production, and production order created on the basis of these requirements.

Configuration steps:

1) Create material by specifying item category group as 0001 = Make u2013 to u2013 order (Normal item)

In MM01 Basic data tab, General item category field [0001] = Make u2013 to u2013 order, 0002 for configurable

material

Make u2013 to u2013 order checking group for availability check should be [02] = Individual requirements in Sales:

General/Plant tab.

2) Go to VA01 and raise the sales order by specifying this material that we created in the previous step

Item category is TAK

Schedule line category = CP

Requirement type = KE [Sales order Header  Procurement  Requirement field]

KE = Individual customer order without consumption

(For standard items item category group = NORM)

System determines requirement type 041-order/delivery requirements. This requirement type points requirement

class where we can control whether the system has to carryout TOR, Availability check, and Product allocation

functions.

NOTE: Make sure that controlling area and fiscal year defined and maintained.

3) Save and Exit

4) Go to MB1C to initialize the stock

Movement type [561]

Specify special stock [E]

E = Receipt without purchase order in unrestricted sales order stock

Specify the sales order number [ ] and item number [10]

Specify the material with quantity

5) Save and Exit

6) Go to MMBE and check the stock balance

7) Go to VL01N do the delivery

😎 Go to VF01 and raise the invoice

VOV7 of TAK:

Billing relevance [A] = Delivery related document

Pricing [X]

VOV6 of CP:

Movement type: 601

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You have explained in detail regarding the MTO process. Thanks for the input.

But i have not got the answer for my question.

See the client business scenario is Inq--> quot --> Mto..

After Make to order, the next process is production and quality then they will transfer the stock with movtype 561 e against the sales order.

My issue is , while moving the FG stock, instead of accepting sales order number, system is accepting for Quotation number. I am able to post the stock in the sales order level but only against Quotation number.

I want the system to accept the Order number instead of Quotation number.

Request your input...

Thanks

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you solved this problem please share the solution.

Thanks

Davinder