SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clearing Variant assignment via Alt Variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

We have a scenario Clearing variant is based on incoming payment document type.

I am able to assign and call FKK_SAMPLE_TFK115 function module and able to find new document type, but developer is not able to pass alternative clearing variant based on document type.

Could any one help programming logic how to achieve this......

Thanks in Advance.............KK

1 REPLY 1

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I think you are confusing two things here. The functionality of Customer module for clearing and the alternate clearing variant are two separate things. FKK_SAMPLE_TFK115 is the interface for the customer function module that you would be using. to make alternate clearing variant to work all you have to do is assign an alternate clearing variant in the clearing variant screen and set clearing rule field to 3. this would cause the alternate clearing variant to work.

however, as you stated, you want the clearing variant to be based on the document type of payment. for this you what i feel you can do is that in your customer FM you can check the document type. based on document type you execute current clearing step or not. if lets say your document type is AB then you execute current clearing step and if it is not AB then you do not execute current clearing step and the system will go to the next clearing step(where you can define the clearing variant to work in the way you want it to)

i feel this is a suitable workaround for your requirement. hope i was able to convey it properly