cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI to PI to BAPI scnerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario in which BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP_CHECK is updated data from one ECC system to

other ECC system.

ECC>>>PI>>>>ECC

PI is needed must.

please confirm me about sender side ALE conflagration and what kind of RFC connection needed.

If i Created an RFC destination 'RFC_SENDER_' of type 'T' in the SAP R/3 system and select radio button "Registered Server Program" then what is name of registered program since it is standard BAPI.

regards

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI is required??????? for this case...u can do without PI as well.

Few high level steps and configuration.

1. RFC destination pointing to PI in R3 systems.

2. Import RFC in ESR of PI.

3. Do mapping.

4. Complete configuration.

Weblog is available on SDN u can search also.

chirag

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through this blog as well..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is that this Standard BAPI is sending data to RFC then any registered program name is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As replied in earlier post Yes you need to provide the progId name under Registered program name in RFC destination in ECC..

whatever the registered program name(progId) you provide in RFC destination of ECC ,same name need to provide in the sender RFC communication channel of PI..

After this you can do a test to know the connection status.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

thanks for ur reply.

progId is any abap report?

actualy i am asking again because earliar i work on same scenerio where i create a

report in which i call FM and give RFC destination

and report name i mentioned in Registered Programe id.

But in this case standard bapi BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP_CHECK

will send data to pi then where RFC destination should mention and what is

registered program name(progId.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ProgId is not any report - you can provide any name.

When you execute BAPI it will ask for RFC target sys where you need to provide the RFC destination name of type T (having this progid..)

this will get register in Gateway server and looks for the target system having the same progId for sending the data ...

if it matches the same then the data will be sent to the target system else data will not get passed...

ProgId is used for identifying the receiver system..(if still need more details on this check SAP Help.)

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos
progId is any abap report?

No. It can be anything even your name.

actualy i am asking again because earliar i work on same scenerio where i create a
 report in which i call FM and give RFC destination 
 and report name i mentioned in Registered Programe id.

This is the reason you are confused now. Infact in your first scenario if you have given any name for program Id then it should have worked without any issues. So give whatever name you like under program Id. Check the blog which I posted in my first reply.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>If i Created an RFC destination 'RFC_SENDER_' of type 'T' in the SAP R/3 system and select radio button "Registered Server Program" then what is name of registered program since it is standard BAPI.

@ RFC Destination - Registered Server Program - you can name anything as program id ...As Rajesh mentioned, make sure you use the same name in the sender RFC CC.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

this should answer your queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can provide any name for ProgId in RFC destination ..but need to provide the same in RFC sender CC in PI

Rgds

Rajesh.P