cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chain of archive jobs ie write, delete & store

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing archiving for technical objects. Currently we have scheduled the archiving write job periodically but after that, manually executing the delete job & store job. We are not using standard functionality of chaining these jobs because there are high data & write job is creating the archive file in a high quantity & chaiing the deletion & store job may create the issue of high quantity of background job running simultaneously at a time.

Now, Is there any process by which i can limit the simultaneously running these jobs to a number ie max 5 or 10. I have searched for program RSARCHD but i am not able to understand how to schedule this program as i want to schedule this for periodically after write job. and also let me know if it can be used for store job also.

Thanks in advance.

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I am not aware of a technique for limiting the number of simultaneous jobs, but you have a way (if you have chosen to start the delete jobs automatically) to start the delete jobs only after the write job is complete (else normally delete job starts once a archive file reaches its max size / no of objects and a new archive file is created).

To activate this, go to transaction AOBJ, double click on the object (i assume you are trying to archive IDOC) and there is a check box 'Do Not Start Before End of Write Phase', chck that. You can test this on QA system to see if it gves satisfactory results before trying on production.

hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your response.

I have one more query, is it possible to configure(mark in AOBJ configuration) only store job automatically without delete job automation. I need to manually run the delete job from SARA but want that after successfully completetion of delete job, store job should start automatically for that file. Is there any issue in this configuration ?

Ankit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, just go to SARA, select your object -> Customizing -> Archiving Object Specific Customizing -> technical settings -> under "Delete jobs" select Not Scheduled, and under "Place file in storage system" set start automatically.

Always test this first with your EXAMPLE object

Regards

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

chaiing the deletion & store job may create the issue of high quantity of background job running simultaneously at a time

Not really, Delete jobs can take time but store jobs should be fairly quick

Now, Is there any process by which i can limit the simultaneously running these jobs to a number ie max 5 or 10.

I'm not aware of any feature that may help you achieve that but I haven't had the need as I by rule run archiving jobs during weekends or well out of working hours.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Any idea here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may want to check [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/20/2d513897110872e10000009b38f889/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Any idea on above ?