cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializing the DP PA with rolling horizons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to initialize the DP PA with rolling horizons, but we use the fiscal year variant with posting periods, when i use the PA initialization report and try to specify the past and future horizon in the variant i could see Beginning of mth-xx months, end of mth+yy months option only..but i would like to align this horizon with the Fiscal year periods..does any know how to achive this..Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in initialization program you have FROM TO. If you enter the date after return the system will adapt it according to start and end date of fiscal periods. For keeping this in a dynamic variant, select the option +/- days (here you have max 999 days. Other option would be using the table TVARVC. In this case you have to maintain FROM - TO in this table and address the entry in your variant.

Regards

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aban,

Thanks, I have checked the table TAVRV, but unable to input the data, i could see fileds with HIGH and LOW, do they correspond to the past and future horizons or, could you pls tell me in details how to input the data in this fields. in my case i would like to use past date from 01.08.2007 to 31.07.2013. Regards

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

=> (You can get access to maintain a new entry in the table TVARV) You have to maintain a custom variable name with lower limit, upper limit in Table TVARV under seletion tab.

=> Use the variable in the attribute of the variant of the Initialization program

=> You have to create Custom program to maintain custom entry in the TVARVC table

=> Run the custom program at required frequency to update the table TVARVC, value of Selection value-low, selection value -high for the custom variable as per your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanit ,

Thanks, very useful info. the custom program is used incase if we want to change the selection values or? in the TVARV table i could see the predefined variables and i want to use the fiscal year period variable with the past and future horizons. how to do this..Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using a fiscal year variant in storage bucket profile, then the periods you specify in the initialization program should refer to the fiscal year variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks. the problem is i donot see the periods in the initialization program, i see only the months..how to solve this..