cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived files missed after deletion job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are generally doing the techinical archiving for some objects in ECC 6. Here for one object, write job & delete job is finished. but any how, archived file is missed before store job. There was some hardware failure.

Now, we have get them restored from backup but i am not able to access the restored files from tcode SARA to store them in our storage server. It is still showing the files as failed in Store job archive file selection screen.

I need to store those files in our storage server but archive file is not accessible from file system.

Now, please let me know, what should i do in this case.

Thanks in advance.

br

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but any how, archived file is missed before store job. There was some hardware failure.

Now, we have get them restored from backup but i am not able to access the restored files from tcode SARA

If you restored the file to the transfer diretory you should be able to run the store job again. One thing I don't understand is that the deletion job shouldn't have been trigger until the store job was successful.

So, can you explain in detail whats the error you get while re-running the store job?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

If you restored the file to the transfer diretory you should be able to run the store job again.

That is the only issue, i m facing here.

One thing I don't understand is that the deletion job shouldn't have been trigger until the store job was successful.

This is because, we are using the sequence as ' Deletion phase before storage '.

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

After successfull restore of files 2-3 times in same directory with all permission, the status in SARA is still that file is not accessible. This is our main issue.

Ankit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's why I like the "storage before deletion" option.

Can you post the exact error on the store job?..

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Juan.

I know that it is better to have sequeance as "storage before deletion" option but it is our business owner's decision.

Can you post the exact error on the store job?..

In store step of SARA, i am not able to select the archive files as the status is showing failed there. So i am not able to start the store job itself.

br

ankit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the job logs you should see something like...

Archive file 000XXX-00XEXAMPLE is being processed

Archive file 000XXX-00XEXAMPLE stored

Whats the error there? does the Archive file name that the system is looking for match the ones in the transfer directory?

regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not able to select the archive files as the status is showing failed there. So i am not able to start the store job itself.

Ohh I see, let me do a couple of experiments and I see what I can find

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check in SARA -> Management that the rest of the jobs finish properly for those archiving runs

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Juan,

Both the jobs (write & delete ) alreday finished succesfully without any error.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recreated the issue in my sandbox by renaming the archive file in the transfer directory. When I did that it was not possible to run the store job from SARA. Once I renamed the file back to original the option for storing became available again.

This means that either the file is missing or the files that you restored do not match the filename that the archive run was expecting to find in the transfer directory.

If this is not the case I think you are better off opening an OSS message.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Try the following:

Step 1: Check in SARA->Management whether the status for the file is green and it says 'Archive File is Accessible'. If it says that the file is not accessible, then you have a problem with the files restored; either the location or file name or permission etc. First you have to fix it

Step 2: After the status for file is green, try storing. Even now if the store is disabled, then try deleting the last store background job and try storing again.

Hope this works,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan & Naveen,

The files status is not accessible & i have already checked all the file permission & restore location. These are ok.

Ankit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not able to read those missed file. but closing the thread now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any idea here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do a little bit of Archiving using SARA, but not any expert

We had such situations when the file was deleted from OS level while Archiving run was in progress at SARA.

What we do in such situation is to disable the existing Run in "SARA" -> Put in Archiving Object name --> click Management, click on the failed Run and "Mark it for deletion".

Start a new run for the same Archiving object, Keep the variant same ( I mean keep the selection dates same as earlier run) and start all over again with Write, delete, store etc.

I dont know how much it helps

Might be different from the scenario you might have on hand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply. But in my case, write job & deletion job is completed succesfully & then the archived files missed from OS level.

So, if i will mark this session for deletion, then will it help me to archive the same data again as the data is already deleted from live server by deletion job.

ANkit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okies...Have you already verified the permissions/ownership etc of the restored File?

A wild solution :

Run a new Sara Run with same variant, after the "write" job check the OS file generated (file name) , take a backup of ur restored file and mv the original file to filename generated by "write" job, store job should then atleast store the file to ur external device.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Vinay,

A wild solution :

Run a new Sara Run with same variant, after the "write" job check the OS file generated (file name) , take a backup of ur restored file and mv the original file to filename generated by "write" job, store job should then atleast store the file to ur external device.

No, no, no.... thats not the way it works, archived stored documents have very specific labels so the system can find the documents in the repository. This is not a viable solution.

Regards

Juan