cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache Update Policy: apply result to the cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I can not run the cache update policy in the object. It does not work!

The test is as follows:

- A sap rfc GETLIST, which returns a recordset. Each record is of type X

- A sap rfc OPERATION that modifies a record of type X and that takes as input the id (primary key) of the line to change, and that returns the entire record X changed (including the id).

- GETLIST is used as definition of mbo Y, while OPERATION is used as definition for an update operation of Y with apply result to the cache set.

- Y is in a cache group set to "scheduled, 1h".

Now, if I run the operation, the line on my bb after synchronization remain the same as before (in the CDB it is not changed), while the SAP system has changed the row.

What's wrong? Please help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01283.0155/doc/html/fre1239918764246...

Have you verified that there are no warnings in eclipse after you choose this particular "cache policy".

If you call the GetList immediately after the operation has been executed from SAPGui, Does it show the new value?

I've heard of situation where the commit of operation in SAP takes time and in case caching is not enabled,

synchronization may cause SUP to call GetList again and if that doesn't return new data, BB is getting

the old data although there is an interim state where the CDB had results of operation applied.

What is the cache validity period for this Cachegroup?

Edited by: Himagiri Mukkamala on Feb 10, 2011 8:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for reply!

No, there aren't warnings...

After the execution of the operation i make a synchronization for the MBO associated with getlist(), but the new data don't appear.

What is the cache validity period for this Cachegroup? --> 1 hour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try changing the "Change Detection Interval" on the Synchronization Group to 5seconds

and try again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried but it still does not work. The rfc method returns a record identical to a line in the MBO... i think this is correct!

However, I can not understand why you ask me to reduce the time of push notifications from unwired server after data changes: every time after operation run, I perform another manual sync to make sure that the data in the phone are identical to those on the unwired server!

Edited by: Alessandro Iannacci on Feb 11, 2011 12:46 PM

Answers (0)