cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send files to an FTP(s) server over an SSL protocol. The FTP(s) server is at the receiving side.

The client has provided us with the public certificate.

I have these queries. PLease answer to each query separately.

1. Now that we have the public certificate,I guess we need to check with the (receiver) client as to who is the CA (certification authority) of that certificate. Because I suppose this CA should be in the list of trusted CA'a in PI. Kindly confirm.

2. I have seen the procedure of generating certificates and keys pairs for a particular keystore view (pdf for Message Level Security).The most important question that I have is: Do we generate keystore-views for a specific CA? If not how is it?. Is the certificate and key pair common for all CA's in the PI server list?

3. Since we are sending data over the FTP adapter, what really applies to us is the procedure of 'how to configure SSL for AS java'. Or do we have to enable SSL for both ABAP and Java stack separately. Kindly confirm.

4. I could see the parameter 'X.509 client authentication' in FTP adapter. I assume X.509 is the certificate from a trusted CA and surely we have to enter the keystore parameters here. Is this the only trusted CA available in PI servers? And we expect partners also to have X.509 public certificate (to be given to us in cases where we are sending data)?

Please do not provide me the ususal sdn and help.sap links. I have gone through much of them.

Still these questions remain.

Of course if they help in answering specific questions, you may please.

Kindly answer each question to the point and completely.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Ref: How to configure FTPS in File Adapter

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2010/04/13/how-to-configure-ftps-in-file-adapter

Thread:

I hope all your queries will be clarified with this Blog.

1. Now that we have the public certificate,I guess we need to check with the (receiver) client as to who is the CA (certification authority) of that certificate. Because I suppose this CA should be in the list of trusted CA'a in PI. Kindly confirm.

Yes

2. I have seen the procedure of generating certificates and keys pairs for a particular keystore view (pdf for Message Level Security).The most important question that I have is: Do we generate keystore-views for a specific CA? If not how is it?. Is the certificate and key pair common for all CA's in the PI server list?

Yes, It is common for all CA's in the PI Server list

3. Since we are sending data over the FTP adapter, what really applies to us is the procedure of 'how to configure SSL for AS java'. Or do we have to enable SSL for both ABAP and Java stack separately. Kindly confirm.

Check this: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/ConfiguringtheUseofSSLontheSAPJ2EE+Engine

4. I could see the parameter 'X.509 client authentication' in FTP adapter. I assume X.509 is the certificate from a trusted CA and surely we have to enter the keystore parameters here. Is this the only trusted CA available in PI servers? And we expect partners also to have X.509 public certificate (to be given to us in cases where we are sending data)?

Yes, this is only trusted CA available in PI server list.

Thanks,

Edited by: Hareenkumar on Feb 11, 2011 10:49 AM

Edited by: Hareenkumar on Feb 11, 2011 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have not received any replies.

Does that mean that no one has worked on FTPS?

Thanks,

John