cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i am new to SAP SolMan so i'm here to ask your help.

we use the SolMAn to open ticket and we receive the mail when we open it, now the e-mail address has changed so i need to change it in the system:

i receive this message:

Recipients: EXT0S@*****.com

Subject: Support Message 0001003539 Created

Date: 11:59:35 Heute

Failure Report

Intended Recipient: SAPSupport@*****.net

Failure Reason: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try

\n5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or\n5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at

\n5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 u12si60264907bka.66" (delivery attempts: 0)

Dead Failure User EXT0S (EXT0S @****.com) not listed in Domino Directory

Reason:

What should you do?

This message has been marked dead by the mail router because it could not be delivered to the intended recipient(s) and a Non Delivery Report could not be returned to the sender. No further processing of this message will

occur while it remains in this routing state. Administrators may choose

to delete this message, release it to the intended recipient(s), or

release it to the sender.

The "Edit Message" button can be used to modify an address prior to

releasing the message. Note that since the router last attempted to

return a Non Delivery Report to the sender, the sender's address appears

in the Recipients field.

Releasing a dead message to the intended recipient(s) will cause the

router to reattempt message delivery or transfer. The cause for the

failure, as indicated by the failure reason, should be addressed prior to

releasing this message. If subsequent delivery attempt fails, a Non

Delivery Report will be returned to the sender.

Releasing a dead message to the sender will cause the router to reattempt

delivery of the Non Delivery Report. The cause for the failure, as

indicated by the dead failure reason, should be addressed prior to

releasing this message. If subsequent delivery attempt fails, the message

will return to the dead routing state.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello C.,

From all you stated, it really seems that the mail address is hard coded. My suggestion (this is exactly what I would do) is to put a breakpoint in the method called by the send mail action (check it in tx. SPPFCADM) and debug it. There you will see exactly from where the address is being retrieved.

Let us know your findings.

Best Regards,

C. Canzone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as per standard Service desk finds the email ID assigned to the 'Reported by' business partner, it not needed the user should exists in solman, but only in satellite system.

all the BP users only can get the mails from the service desk, since there is no other way the solman found the user in other system. it might be hard coded where the table of email id maintained as like BP_GEN, but that not the standard.

Please use the tcode BP_GEN and add users and identification tab and mention satellite systems details'

and please do refer this document clear you how the Email function in service desk work [Email functionality service desk|http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001903822008E]

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your link, but it didn't solved my problem.

may be there is another place where the system take the e-mail address, i will look at the program below.

do you know their name?

thanks

C.

0 Kudos

Hello,

The mail notification uses the mail address informed in the BP master data. To change it, open transaction BP and type the mail address (external, not the internal one, if your company has this feature) in the field "E-Mail", in frame "Communication" (pay attention here, because there is another frame called "Address-Independent Communication" with an e-mail field too, that doesn't need to be filled for this purpose), in tab "Address", for the "Business Partner" BP role.

If mails are been sent without any e-mail address in this field, you may check the e-mail address in the user data, under transaction SU01 (usually Solution Manager doesn't use this information to send e-mail, but your configuration may be changed).

See if this solves the problem and, if not, check the action you are using to send mail and look at the method called by the action. Maybe someone edited the ABAP code to take the information from another source (or even hard-coded it).

Best Regards,

C Canzone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cristiano,

i've tried what you said but nothing changed, in SU01 we do not have any e-mail address, so i think it is the second scenario you stated.

i am not an SMA expert so can you please tell me how i can check the e-mail sender we are using?

thanks

C.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you looked at this Artilce?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/606c449e-d2fa-2d10-04bf-d189d099c...

This document expalisn how to set up email notification, so it should be the same place to change the email address.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul,

i've looked and check what you post, but in our BP there is no an e-mail.

we inherited the system and i'm and not an expert of SMA but i've noticed that we received the e-mail to our address also without the e-mail in the BPs.

probably there is something between the SMA and the SAP that sends the e-mail.

in effect it seems tha there is something connected to our user id used in SAP, but looking at them in SU01 there is not an e-mail address.

any ideas? there is a mail change to do in the SAP system?

thanks

C.