cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How populate data of custom node into memory ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am led to do the requirement below, but I still do not see how:

In application u201CTravel & expense managementu201D at the second step u201CEnter Receiptsu201D and more specifically in the table of receipts (RECEIPTS_VIEW view of the standard component FITE_VC_RECEIPTS), I added a specific button. A click on this button displays a pup-up window (TABLE_VIEW view of my specific component ZWD_CUSTOM_COMP). This pop-up displays a table of data (the columns of this table are editable). This table of data is mapped to a context node (zcustom_table) of the TABLE_VIEW view of the specific component ZWD_CUSTOM_COMP.

What I am trying to do is find a way to:

1. Save the table datau2019s of the pop-up (content of the node zcustom_table) somewhere in memory (like itu2019s done in standard) to avoid losing data while browsing other pages of the application u201CTravel & expenses Managementu201D.

2. Retrieve temporary table datau2019s of the pop-up (content of the node zcustom_table) in order to store them in the database at the last navigation step (Review & Save).

NB: various standard buttons (save, cancel u2026etc.) and navigation between the different pages of the application u201CTravel & expenses Managementu201D are managed by the framework FPM (FloorPlan Manager) which is the standard component FTIV_FPM.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Mounaim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member283828
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

When you close the popup and access other pages the data in the context(zcustom_table) wont get deleted, so there is no need of storing the zcustom_table data in some other memory as it is already present in the context.

You can access the data of the table from the context(zcustom_table) at any point in the navigation of the views as long as you are in the same session.

Thanks & Regards,

kiran Kumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

This is true when the context is created in the component controller or in the view controller which has different life span (framework controlled).

For example if the context is created in the view and view life time is "when visible" then as soon as you leave the screen the screen is destroyed and the context created in the view as well destroyed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Hassan,

I am not really understanding the necessity for saving context node data in the application server memory. The context node lives as long as the application lives, you can have the context mapping for the context node between the popup view and the main component which saves your data to database.

Nevertheless you can achieve what you want in different ways.

1. Create a Singleton OO class, use a attribute of your table type. You can access this Singleton class from popup view to save the table data

1.a) Again use the singleton class from your main component to save the data.

2. You can create a database cookie with the table data, using guid you can retrieve the data when you need it for later use.