cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture Non Travel Expenses in Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client have a requirement wherein we have to capture non travel expenses petty cash like team lunch , client entertainment expenses , telephone bills etc which are not associated with a travel request .

I have read in IMG, sap says we can capture non travel expenses also. Here is the path for same

IMG >>Financial Accounting >> Travel management >>Travel Expenses >>Dialog and Travel expenses control >>Dialog control >> Restrict Travel Expense Types for Trip Schemas

How we can achieve same. Please suggest.

Regards,

Madhvika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can do it, in configuration, you can create different schema under "Define Schema and Individual Field Control".

Each schema, can be for "Medical" or "Entertainment" or "Other Local claims", just define your own naming convention.

After this, define the Expense Types for the above schema in "Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts".

And this expense types will be linked to the wage types under "Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts".

Regards,

Ani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ani ,

Thanks for your reply . How about the front end . what change we need to do there.

Regards,

Madhvika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Front End means, you are asking about the screen layout in Webdynpro.

That you can do the enhancement of the standard components, either you can hide the columns or input fields which you dont require based on the Schema or Expense Types.

Regards,

Ani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ani,

We are trying to achieve it via customization/enhancement.

Our approach that we are thinking is directly going to create expense screen.

The application url for FITE_Expenses takes us directly to create expense screen.

In our current scenario we have a check in workflow that restricts user on two criteria:

1: If there is no travel request

2: id travel request is not approved.

We donu2019t want to change workflow and want to handle it in webdynpro only.

If we are coming directly to create expense report page, it means there is no travel request associated with it and trip number filed will be blank. When we save the report or move to next screen in expense report creation expense report id gets generated.

Set trip number in backend with expense report number and set trip as approved so that user can successfully pass through current workflow.

What are your suggestions and any restriction that you see in this.

Could you help where all we have to make changes? I have found most of the check and validation in FITE_VC_PRESELECTION component.

Regards,

Madhvika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FITV_FPM Web dynpro component is the main component where configurations in done for both Travel Expenses and Travel Request.

But when the user is in Create Expense Report, after submit, it wont approve automatically. It will route to the Workflow and then in the final stage only calling the Business Object BUS2089, method APPROVE.

And also as i said, in the Class CL_FITV_POWL_FEEDER_TRIPS, under IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_ACTIONS, you can find whether it is CREATE_NEW_TRAVEL_REQUEST or CREATE_NEW_EXPENSE_REPORT.

There is already a below coding in the above method. you can use Post-Exit or Pre-Exit enhancement, to do your own validations.

• new travel Request

if lv_request_active = 'X'.

ls_action-actionid = gc_action_create_tr.

ls_action-cardinality = 'I'. "single

ls_action-placementindx = 5.

ls_action-text = cl_wd_utilities=>get_otr_text_by_alias( 'PTRM_WEB_POWL/CREATE_NEW_TRAVEL_REQUEST' ).

ls_action-tooltip = ls_action-text.

if i_type = gc_powltype_trips_tr and l_exit_op is not initial.

ls_action-add_separator = 'X'.

endif.

insert ls_action into table c_action_defs.

clear ls_action-add_separator.

endif.

• new expense report

if lv_expense_active = 'X'.

ls_action-actionid = gc_action_create_exp.

ls_action-cardinality = 'I'. "single

ls_action-placementindx = 5.

ls_action-text = cl_wd_utilities=>get_otr_text_by_alias( 'PTRM_WEB_POWL/CREATE_NEW_EXPENSE_REPORT' ).

ls_action-tooltip = ls_action-text.

if i_type = gc_powltype_trips_exp and l_exit_op is not initial.

ls_action-add_separator = 'X'.

endif.

insert ls_action into table c_action_defs.

clear ls_action-add_separator.

endif.

Regards,

Ani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ani,

Apologies for not reverting back earlier . We are trying to make this happen by some other approach. Will post once we are ready with , very close to it .

Also yours was a good suggestion . I may need your help in between

Awarding points for valuable suggestions

Regards,

Madhvika