cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issue between Data service(DQ) to PI through SOAP adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are trying to connect the data services(DQ) with SAP PI through SOAP adapter. I provided the wsdl file to data services team and they are trying to send messages to PI. Looks like the messages are showing successful in there system, but not showing up in PI system.

I tried the same file using xmlspy and PI receiving the messages from XMLSPY. We are wondering whats going wrong?

Any idea about this data services system? Is there any other better way to receive messages to PI apart from webservices?

PS: Connection is working fine from PI to DQ thorugh SOAP adapter.

Thanks

Deepthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepthi,

>>but not showing up in PI system.

What is the status of the Sender Adapter ?

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

>> What is the status of the Sender Adapter ?

No logs in sender adapter. It is not received any messages from DQ.

The problem here is there is no proper logs in DQ system to check where it is going wrong. Untill it hit to PI system, we cannot see any logs in PI system.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you see any error in Tcode SM21.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

cross check the WSDL file provided ..by chance are there two PI servers in your landscape ?

May be request is getting passed to another server ??

also if possible ask them to check the wsdl url from their server in IE.. or ask them to PING to PI server..

HTH

Rajesh.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> cross check the WSDL file provided ..by chance are there two PI servers in your landscape ?

No. only one PI Server. We are trying in development system and no traffic as well. The messages are coming successfully if I send through XMLSPY and SOAPUI and from other third party systems.

>> also if possible ask them to check the wsdl url from their server in IE.. or ask them to PING to PI server..

we tried url in IE, it is correct. As soon as I enter in IE, it asks for Userid and password, once i enter, it shows the successfull message " Message Servlet is in Status OK".

From my side, everything looks fine. Not sure where it's going wrong.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>> We are trying to connect the data services(DQ) with SAP PI through SOAP adapter. I provided the wsdl file to data services team and they are trying to send messages to PI. Looks like the messages are showing successful in there system, but not showing up in PI system.

You are using soap sender adapter ... Hosting webservices and DQ team is able to access your webservice. Also using XMLSPY you are able to see pi messages.

If you are using advance adapter engine, Please check only in the RWB -> adapter engine.

If you are not using AAE, check in both SXMB_MONI and RWB for the wide range... Something problem with filter query in your checking...

Note since XMLSPY testing goes through Pi and able to monitor means you dont need another webservice client tool.

Solution:

use tcp monitor to monitor the soap message ... It is better option

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi baskar,

>> You are using soap sender adapter ... Hosting webservices and DQ team is able to access your webservice. Also using XMLSPY you are able to see pi messages. //

I'm not receiving any messages from DQ. Looks like it is showing successful from there side, but im nor receiving any messages in PI server. With the same WSDL file i test with XMLSPY and able to receive the messages.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these blog links.

Hope this helps.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Deepak.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you try testing the wsdl using SOAP UI and let us know of the results? Also, can you look in RWB message monitoring (adapter engine)?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Just now I downloaded SOAPUI and tested the wsdl. Its working fine and im receiving the messages from SOAPUI as well.

Thanks

Deepthi.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is possible that you are able to execute the WSDL using SOAPUI/XMLSpy because you are on the intranet. You should check for firewalls in-between systems e.g firewall from DQ going to PI or firewall from your intranet going to PI. Also check for proxy settings.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> You should check for firewalls in-between systems e.g firewall from DQ going to PI or firewall from your intranet going to PI.

No Firewall between the systems. All these systems are internal and we can ping these systems to talk each other.

Also I can send messages from PI to DQ successfully.

Any idea how to do the testing for incoming messages using XMLSPY or SOAPUI tools. So that we can send messages to those tools to check the settings are are fine at DQ system. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The scenario is working if i use the Asycn/Sync method. I'm receiving the response message from DQ for Sycnchronous request.

Still as per our requirement and for performance improvement, we want to handle it through Asycn method. I'm not sure whether it has any limitations in handling Asycn calls. Will update if I see any improvements.

Thanks