Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of close margin

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Customizing Commodities Futures instrument (Product type 70D) and the issue I'm faced with is posting of close margin - when I try to run TPM25, it says 'no flows were processed'. I've check in the report TPM13, that Update types 'DE1500 - Open purchase', 'DE1511 - Close sale', 'DBT_B019 - Variation Margin Gain' (in this case), also 'DE1970+ Incoming close margin' are generated in selected Futures Securities account, however the last one does not gets posted with TPM25. Could anyone suggest me possible reasons for that or some insights what I should check in the Customizing settings.

thanks a lot.

Rgds,

Renatas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dfg1988
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In my case, de update type DE1970+ DE1970-, that coming standard, were not assing Update Type to Usages.

dfg1988
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Renatas,

How did you solve this problem?

Tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renatas

make a Matching before from TPM91. A miracle may happen.:)

Regards,

DénesTandary

lorenz_sperl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you already checked the following setting?:

Transaction Manager > General Settings > Accounting > Link to Other Accounting Components > Indicate Update Types as Relevant to Posting

If DE1970+/- are not set as "posting relevant", the update types will stay in status "S" in TPM13 and never create any posting document. Close Margins are either posted via PMVM (set flag "post close margin") or TPM25.

Regards,

Lorenz

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal, hi Lorenz,

thans for your time and effort. unfortunatelly your advise doesn't work. I checked both transactions PMVM, TPM25, also my close margin relevant update types DE1970+/ DE1970- are relevant for Posting.

any other suggestions?

Rgds,

Renatas

lorenz_sperl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renatas,

is it right - the customizing-setting "posting-relevant" (for all VA's) already existed before the run of PMVM/TPM25?

If not, run PMSV to reverse the last VM and re-run VM+CM.

All VA's post to FI, hopefully... (Transaction Manager > General Settings > Accounting > Organization > Assign Accounting Codes and Valuation Areas)

Has DE1970+/- status "S" (...flag "posting information" in selection-screen) in TPM13?

In case, Close Margin's are (partly) missing, use TPM24 to create them (...see also SNote 1403595)

Otherwise, it might be worth opening an OSS-message...

Regards,

Lorenz

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenz,

I think all your mentioned symptoms are fine.

may I check the process of Commodities futures (this scenario assumes that no initial margin is exchanged and also no variation margin is fixed at the end of the day):

--- after you enter Commodities Purchase, e.g., you fix (TBB1) respective Update type, e.g. 'DE1500 - Open Purchase';

--- after you enter Commodities Close, e.g., you fix (TBB1) respective Update type, e.g. 'DE1511 - Close Sale Purchase';

--- then you run TPM18 to fix overall Gain or Loss, e.g. DE1970+;

--- at the end you are expected to post Close margin, using TPM25, correct?

Rgds,

Renatas

lorenz_sperl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renatas,

...in your constellation (w/o VM&IM), you only need to:

- create/settle OPEN-transaction (FTR_CREATE/FTR_EDIT)

- fix/post flows (TBB1)

- create/settle CLOSE-transaction (FTR_CREATE/FTR_EDIT)

- fix/post flows (TBB1)

- post Close-Margin (TPM25)

That's it. DE1970+/- is already created (in status "S") when saving the CLOSE-deal (...no TPM18 necessary)

In my short example w/o VM&IM it worked out fine (using an Option on a Financial Future, which should work basically identical)...

Regards,

Lorenz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renatas/Lorenz,

I needed an understanding on Commodity Futures.

When you want to open a position on Commodity Futures ->

1. Create Class

2. Create Open Transaction FTR_CREATE + Settle + TBB1

3. Create Close Transaction FTR_CREATE + Settle + TBB1

4 . Match TPM91 or Close margin TPM25 depending upon how we are closing the position.

Now After this CAN we USE the same CLASS again to create another Open Position.

Or Everytime Do I have to create new Class to create a new open Position?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use T-code PMVM.

Regards,