cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myerp 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking to upgrade our 4.6C system to myERP version 2005 (ECC 6.0) beginning later this year. I know myERP 2005 SR1 uses SAP Netweaver 2004s. Does the Netweaver 2004s get installed as part of the myERP upgrade phases or do you install this as a separate upgrade? Late last year we installed Netweaver 2004 as a separate system for BW but I am unsure how the Netweaver installation is done as part of the myERP ECC 6.0 upgrade? Has anyone completed an upgrade from 4.6C to myERP 2004 or 2005 on the iseries? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Best regards,

Russ Cook

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

I did several upgrades from 4.6C to ERP 2004 and ERP 2005 already.

Yes, everything is "normal" in the "old way" as you are used to.

You just use R3up (or in 2005: SAPup) in order to upgrade to the new release. The NetWeaver 2004s comes then "under the cover" with that.

So, it is a really "normal upgrade" - if you do have experience with older upgrades.

Since the upgrades to 4.7 SAP "invented the wheel new" and cut the downltime of upgrades a lot. So, it is mostly a bit faster as you would expect from your experience to upgrades to 4.6C.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thank you for the answer. I read thru the master upgrade guides and I was thinking it was that way but I wanted to be sure before I started commiting to project timelines. I am wondering if anyone on the group has a "cookbook" document or project plan they have used for a myERP upgrade. I have performed several upgrades in the past going from 3.0E-45B-46C but it is always helpful to compare notes to make sure one does not leave anything out.

Thanks,

Russ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with some information about upgrading myERP 2004 to myERP 2005.

How much time did it cost and are there a lot of differences?

Thanks,

Annemarie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Volker can you clarify mySAP, myERP, 4.7C, ECC5.0 ECC6.0 etc etc. We are looking at possible upgrades, and these terms are intertwining to much. Is there one document that explains all the marketing hype.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

most likely there are millions of documents ... but I don't know where ...

R/3 4.6C - well known, I guess

R3 4.7 with Ext Set 1.1 or Ext Set 2.0 (not 4.7C) - this is the last product called R/3

The successor is:

mySAP ERP 2004 or the identical one ECC 5.0

The "latest and greatest" of SAP is:

mySAP ERP 2005 or the identical ECC 6.0

They are no longer called R/3 and you need a business suite or ERP contract. R/3 contracts need to be upgraded first.

"mySAP" is the product line for the "upper customers" in opposite to "Business 1" customers on the lower end and customers in the middle with "all-in-one".

ECC 5.0 is based on 6.40 Kernel & basis - this is called NetWeaver 2004.

ECC 6.0 is based on 7.00 Kernel & Basis - this is called NetWeaver 2004s ...

Sorry, for the confusion especially with 2004 and 2004s and with NW 2004 and ERP 2005 etc ...

The numbering is something you either check in a book or have to "learn by hard" :-((

Regards

Volker