cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement to copy data of some tables from one system to another in the same landscape.

I understand this can be done through table transport from SM30. i have done it before in config/customizing client.

However, i have never done this before in 000 client. The requirement is to copy some tables from 000 client to 000 client of another system.

Can this be done? Please let me know.

Also, in a general scenario, wherein, the requirement comes in to copy only few tables across systems, is this the most appropriate way or are there any better methods?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Hari Kishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Till now I have never seen any Scenario where on Table needs to be copied from 000 Client. I have seen some requirement to Copy the Customized Table from one system to another system on Business Client only. Which Table you want to copy, is it Standard Table or Customized Table.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While it is strange technically it is possible.

Make the changes and save them in a customzing request. Then create a transport of copies with target as target system and client 000. Copy the contents of the customzing request to the transport of copies. Release the TOC and import it to client 000 of the target ssytem. Make sure you have maintained correct SCC4 settings for automatic recording of client specific changes for client 000 in the source system.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a transport request in SE01 and manually lock the object R3TR TABU <table name>.

save the request and in the function key make the entry as *. Release and import in any of the required system.

Regards,

Vamshi.