cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro Java on Safari - iPad/iPhone

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an existing web dynpro java application that runs on the Blackberry browser. Any easy way to extend this to Safari for ipad/iphone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Safari is not officially supported by Mobile Web Dynpro. I don't think it will work.

Anyway you can try your luck by using the parameters described in the following documentation:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711core/helpdata/en/7d/28fa3e7cb1d861e10000000a114084/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711core/helpdata/en/7d/28fa3e7cb1d861e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Best Regards,

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

WD4J seems to work great on iPad!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Can you tell me, How I can run a webdynpro JAVA application on Ipad?

My Web as is SAP NetWeaver 7.3, I see the pam y this version of server support Safari... But when I run the application on Ipad show a error.

Regards and thanks

Jim Gledward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jim,

Look at OSS note 1646680 - Cannot access Enterprise Portal with Apple Safari browser

This might help you access java application.

Rgds

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to access our web dynpro java application on the ipad through the safari browser...so far everything works fine.

Edited by: Kelly Ferguson on Mar 16, 2011 7:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let us know the version of EP Portal that you are using for your web dynpro applications.

we are using EP 6.40 and when we tried web dynpro applications through ipad safari browser, the application is returning results but the wait cursor goes on indefinetly as if it is still waiting for the end command.

Any helpful suggestion on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunitha.

Edited by: Sunitha Amaravenkata on Jul 7, 2011 6:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish there was a URL Parameter like this.... "sap-wd-client=APPLEDEVICE"

8:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kelly

Did you find any solution? were you able to access any webdynpro app from safari?

please let me know.

Thanks

Chandra