cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should PSCD run in a separate instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this question was asked before, but they were only looking at the performance issue.

We hired a PSCD functional consultant to help us implement PSCD. But based on his passed experiences, he says that SAP recommends to install PSCD on a separate instance. Why? No idea? I cannot find any SAP doc on this.

This is why I turning the question to guy

Thanks a lot for your help,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to run PSCD in a seperate instance , as I have done this. However having said that it was for a very complex solution . As others have stated it was designed to run in one instance, and it works fine. Unless there is a Business reason that has not been mentioned , I would run in one instance.

Hope that helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should be in the same instance. It's why SAP developed PSCD. PSCD takes the load off FI by summarising the data before posting to General Ledger. I can't see a reason for having it in a separate instance.

Obviously PSCD was designed to process large amounts of data which is why the Mass Activites can be run over multiple processors. But you are only going to do this at night during the batch window not during the online day.

SAP AG validated our solution and made no mention of splitting PSCD into a separate instance. So I would say the advice was incorrect.

Cheers

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Adrian.

I'm saving this forum thread to build my ammunition

Eric

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did he give you any reasons with this recommendation? If not, it would seem pretty worthless

We have been running PSCD and FI-CO together on the same instance for the last 6 years.

Never had any performance issues. We re-visited the design after 4 years and kept that configuration.

cheers

Paul Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

No reason, just what is supposed to be an Industry Practice and SAP recommendation.

Now I should also say that I raised the question directly to SAP, and the official SAP answer is that they recommend installing PSCD with the ERP instance. So, the guy is wrong

Thanks a lot of taking the time to give me your answer. This helps me a lot.

Thanks again,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any answers? PLease

Thanks,

Eric