cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on creating a maintenance order from a quality notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to create a maitnenance order (IW31) from a quality notification without using a service notification. I can not seem to get the Notification Type category to be a Quality Notification instead of a Service Notification. IS this even possible? We are on ECC6.0

Edited by: Kimberly Blair on Feb 7, 2011 7:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

To award points

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a service order through sales order creation using action item of quality notification.

Define the function module into action box's item in configuration

SPRO > Quality Management > Quality Notifications > Notification Processing > Additional Notification Functions > Define Action Box > Define Functions for the Action Box

SAP sample function module is 'QM06_FM_TASK_RMA_ORDER_CREATE' for creation of repair order.

When you select the action item at quality notification, the pop-up screen to create a sales order will be shown.

Also you can assign a service item(=service material) to create a service order at the same time.

If you want to create a maintenance order(not service order), you have to use the maintenance notification.

Because only maintenance notification can have the technical object like equipment, functional location.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintenance orders cannot be created from quality notification. Only repair orders can be created from Quality notification using action box.

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I was hoping this was possible due to the selection from qulaity notification of an "order". I do not wish to create a sales order for a repair order; just want the repair order with reference to the quality notification.