cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Active Directory and SAP NetWeaver ID Mgmt..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have NW IDM 7.1 installed on HP UX with Oracle 10.2 .

I was wondering if;

1.This architecure will workwith AD 2000 for User / group creation on AD. ( I am refering to slide 97 in ManagementIDM Connector Overview document)

2. Our AD iwill be upgraded from 2000 o 2003 in near future. What would be the impactof this upgrade on NW IDM side ? Are there any tasks fthat need to be carried out pre-upgrade and post upgrade on NW IDM side ?

Regards,

Shailesh

Edited by: Shailesh Deshpande on Feb 8, 2011 10:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahailesh,

1.This architecure will workwith AD 2000 for User / group creation on AD. ( I am refering to slide 97 in ManagementIDM Connector Overview document)

Yes, the LDAP connector is generic and will work with all LDAPs and LDAP3 Derivitaves such as AD, Novell DirXML etc. The Active directory specific templates will work with Active Directory 2000, 2003 and 2008.

2. Our AD iwill be upgraded from 2000 o 2003 in near future. What would be the impactof this upgrade on NW IDM side ? Are there any tasks fthat need to be carried out pre-upgrade and post upgrade on NW IDM side ?

There really should not be any, although you should do a complete test of all your use cases. This is a time where the infrastructure team might make changes to the AD schema, sctructure and policies, all of which can have an impact on your IDM setup. Not unusal for there to be changes in DN structures and password policies in particular.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt,

That was helpful.

Can you point me to any latest SAP documentation which says that NW IDM 7.1 supports AD 2008 ? I have a IDM COnnector overview document from March 2010 which shows IDM to be compatiable onyl with AD 2000 and 2003.

I need to take this back to the AD team during our discussions.

Regards,

Shailesh

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry i never got back to you on this, but have you checked the PAM?