SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation Level defined at Company Code for IS Retail

former_member277304
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I wanted to know why in SAP IS Retail we cannot define valuation at CC level, is no allowed in customizing. There is no such a proble in standar ERP.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member277304
Participant
0 Kudos

I other words:

In SAP Retail out of the box, the valuation area must always correspond to a site. This means that an article could have different Moving Average Price (MAP) in each site (Store/Distribution Center). Our customer uses the same MAP in all the stores/DCs in their legacy system, this means, maintain valuation at company code level.

The big problem comes out when we post a vendor invoice which has a price variance for an article without stock coverage in the store/DC where GR has been posted. This discrepancy is posted into a u201Cdifference accountu201D

The price variance is calculated with the stock available ONLY in the DC. That situation is not legally acceptable in Argentina, as that price variance should take into account all stock available within ALL the company. Posting those discrepancies to a u201Cdifference accountu201D should only appear if there is a tangible change in stock valuation for the whole company (for example, goods sold or adjusted by an inventory count).

This is a very frequent scenario for our customer since it is settled in commercial agreements with vendors accepting invoices with price variances. Moreover, stock is almost immediately issued from DC to stores, causing logistics invoice verification occurs when stock is away from DC.

Our customer's requirements are:

1) Maintain the same MAP in all DCs/ stores

2) Avoid posting price invoice discrepancies into a u201Cdifference accountu201D when there is still stock available in stores (that means, posting those differences into stock account, affecting MAP)

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

For the first requirement. You can do it with MR21 where the MAP of site will be equal to DC. You can do it with a report in ABAP. But think that you will have differencies in accounting.

For the second, I suggest avoid it. Think that if you have a high turnover of some article and your customer do the IV each month, if the invoice is for 10.000 units (for instance) and you have only stock for 100 units the differences are for these 100 units, although the standard avoid it, because one part go to stocks and the other to an account for differences.

If you want avoid a hell, the suggestion is achieve precission in the pricing data in MM. Think that the turnover of goods in retailing chains is higher than in other industries.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo