cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY for VAR customer - 'Technical Data' tab for server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to set up the RFC connections to a VAR customer, in order to get their EarlyWatch report into our Solution Manager system.

They don't have a VPN to our network, so I guess the RFC will need some sort of route string. I was hoping to set up the routing information in the Technical Data tab for their Server in SMSY. This would then be used in the automatic RFC generation to generate the route string.

II have their internal server IP and I think I need to fill the fields :-

Solution Manager -> Router -> Server

Host -> Router -> Solution Manager

But don't really know what to put in there - SAPRouter IPs? Ours, theirs, SAPs?

Any help much appreciated.

Richard Shaw

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You can get more details about VAR customers at the following place:

Service.SAP.com/Solutionmanager > SAP Solution Manager for Partners (LEFT) > Information for Service Provider >

- Setup Document

I hope the link helps you to proceed further, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I'm not quite sure its what I need. I already have the RFCs that connect to the SAP Marketplace with the customer S user SM_SP_<custno>.

These populate SMSY with the information that the customer maintains on the Marketplace.

But some customers don't bother updating that information on the Marketplace. I was hoping to set up a direct RFC from our SolMan to their system via the SAP Backbone. Sort of in the same way that we can get a SAPGUI logon for the customer via the SAP Backbone.

For internal systems in SMSY I can just use 'Generate RFC Destinations' to create SM_<sid>CLNTnnn_READ, SM_<sid>CLNTnnn_TSM and SM_<sid>CLNTnnn_TRUSTED

I need the equivalent RFCs for a customer, but with the correct route string.

Then I can do a 'Read system data remote' in SMSY, the same way I can for our internal systems.

So what would the route string be in the RFCs for the customer?

Something like

/H/<myinternalsaprouterIP>/S/sapdp99/H/194.117.106.129/S/sapdp99/H/<customerpublicsaprouterIP/S/sapdp99/H/<customersysteminternalIP>

194.117.106.129 = sapserv1

Any ideas? Can this sort of thing work?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos

Please refer to the followin notes 1151450 and 1082010.You find the information about S-User.

"Which authorizations does the S user requires in the SAP Support Portal for job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT?"

In the case by Multi-Customer-Handling S-User have to be RFC Destinationen for the requested customer.

Please see the note 1301032: the communication process with SAP Support back-end systems: If there are several SAP customer numbers, an individual RFC destination with the naming convention SM_SP_<SAP customer number> with leading zeros with an S-user of the relevant customer has to be created for each customer.

I hope this information helps you to solve this issue.