Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Import error: archive not found

mirko_gersbacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

trying to import components under Consolidation tab in CMS I get this error:

Feb 7, 2011 4:12:26 PM Error : error during loading of propagation request Exc=com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSFileNotFoundException: archive not found: D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in

\CMStarvosNWD/CMS/archives/sap.comSAP-SHRWEBNWD_EAMM1DEV_D~6 / D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\CMStarvosNWD/CMS/archives/sap.com#SAP-SHRWEB#NWD_EAMM1DEV_D#6

archive not found: CMS/archives/sap.comSAP-SHRWEBNWD_EAMM1DEV_D~6

Unfortunately all the *.pra files were deleted under CMS\archives.

Ho can I restore these archives?? Or what can I do? What are the *.pra achives for?

Best Regards

Mirko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mirko,

I think the error comes not due to the pra files, but due to the missing sca files. Can you please try to recreate them in the way we have discussed? Assembly always takes the changes from cons/active, there's no way to change on this behaviour, i.e. there's nothing to be configured thisregarding. After import into cons a force activation takes place (i.e. in cons there's no need to do an explicit activation, the changes gets reflected after import automatically into cons/inactive as well as in cons/active)

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this same issue with an activity not importing. It's looking for a particular version of the SCA but when I redo the assemble, it's a different version. Should I just copy the files to the version it's looking for? Can I just create additional activities on the objects in the failed activity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to clarify, it's looking for a particular version of the .pra file which has been deleted. Do the assembly again created a different version so the old activity still cannot import. Is there a way to force that same activity to import into the CONS space?

mirko_gersbacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

but when I assemble SAP-SHRWEB, it creates a new SAP-SHRWEB~....sca file in CMS\archives and no *pra file.

And the components under consolidation tab are still waiting for import.

Ho can I trigger am assemble which always takes the changes from cons/active? Any settings I have missed?

Regards,

Mirko

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mirko,

this case you can trigger an assemble which always takes the changes from the cons/active workspace, and the result is placed in the CMS/archives folder.

Best Regards,

Ervin

mirko_gersbacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks for your reply.

But I am speaking of developed components (consolidation), so there are no files to import again, indluding the changes done via NWDS.

Regards,

Mirko

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

no worries, simply just check-in and import the file again (you do this in the Transport Studio of the CMS webui, on the Check-in and Development tabs).

It is not recommended to do any kind of clean up in the CMS/archives folder.

(pra == propagation archive)

Best Regards,

Ervin