cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Adapter supporting PI 7.0 released with MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported the MDM adapter which supports PI 7.0 and is released with MDM7.1 to facilitate Syndication/Import of data from/to MDM and configured the sender channel in PI for the same to fetch the file from the outbound port of MDM server.

I observe that when file is syndicated to outbound port and is ready for PI processing, the adapter do not instantly fetch the file from outbound port even for hours but when i make a dummy change in Communication channel and again activate the same then it fetches the file and processes it in PI but after that if any other file is syndicated in the outbound port i have to again manually make a dummy change and activate it in PI and so on.

I found one Sap Note 1452509 which is relevant to this but want to know if the settings mentioned in SAP note are to be made on MDM server or PI and if there is any other setting which i have to make in channel or in MDM so that file is processed instantly/near real time manner.

I am on PI7.0

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Adding to Expert Aamir,

>>if there is any other setting which i have to make in channel or in MDM so that file is processed instantly/near real time manner.

No settings required

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir and Agasthuri for replies. I would for now close the thread and restart the MDM adapter.

Reagards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amit,

If you are talking about "Restart the MDM ADAPTER java component" then it will be done on PI server. MDM system does not have any java component.

This is a common error which we also faced, it happens often right after the restart of MDM server.

I have seen cases where when MDM server was restarted, we had to come to PI and restart the MDM Adapter services to make Sender MDM Adapter pick files from Ready folder.

>>if there is any other setting which i have to make in channel or in MDM

No other settings are required

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Feb 7, 2011 5:44 PM