Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User's Population Controlled by Role Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to seek your advice if the scenario/requirement that I have now is feasible and can be controlled by Security authorization.

I have a client which is using HR and FI modules.

They want to implement a restriction to certain population controlled by a specific role assignment.

Example, user A is able to see all employees in the organization except if the employee has role Z:ABC assigned to their ID.

So, if user B is an employee and has Z:ABC assigned to his ID, user A is not authorized to access any of user B information.

Is it possible to implement this approach/control? If yes, could you please share idea how I can implement this? Is there any security user exit that can be used?

Appreciate your advice.

Regards,

green_choc

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could create a new authorization object which only holds the role name and then you can add an auths check for that object. This was done in our system but I'm not exactly sure if for the same purpose and if they used any user exists with it. But it might give you a hint what to look for.