Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

here's the requirement:

for a given repetitive shop order we need to collect data x times in varying intervalls whereby x is an unknown variable.

approach:

we created a data collection group with various parameters and collected the data using the DC500 activity.

issue:

the data collection group allows only ONE data collection at an operation. However we need to collect data x times at this operation. Copying the data collection group x times would work, but is bad from a useability perspective and creates other issues with the naming of the DC groups.

question:

any ideas how to fulfill this requirement without creating lots of DC groups?

regards,

Georg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

I've just tried the following way:

- e.g. I need to collect DC Group at operation OP1 several times;

- DC Group is attached to the operation;

- in Routing Miantenance, I add a looping arc from OP1 to OP1 so that at Complete the system asks me to select if SFC should go to the same OP1 or the next OP2;

- start SFC at OP1 and collect the data;

- complete SFC: if you need to collect the data again, then select OP1, otherwise select OP2;

- if OP1 has been selected, you can collect the data once again.

Anyway, all collected data will be shown in Device History and Data Collection Edit.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers.

Sergiy,

instead of looping over the operation, which requires the user to complete, select and re-start the SFC, can you think about a way to simply change the status (or flag or whatever makes the DC collection think to start again) of the SFC through a (custom) activity that is executed on the DC collection plug-in right before the DC500 data collection is called.

That way I would avoid any additional mouse clicks. The user would simply hit the DC collection button and the "new" DC collection group pops up.

What do you think?

Georg

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Georg,

Originally the feature of re-collecting DC values was necessitated by the need of re-collecting the data after "rework". "Rework" implies that the SFC is being passed through the operation once agian that actually increments TIMES_PROCESSED value for this router step. And each set of collected data is binded to this value in particular. So, you can't collect several sets for the same pass.

But as soon as you are talking about customization, it is always possible to implement any logic you want.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy. You solved my requirement.

cheers,

Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the way base works right now.

If you need multiple collections, you could do this by sending a parametric data web services instead which gets around this limitation, and removes the need to define DC Groups in the first place.