cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Clix Commands - Load repository with index automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Each time that our MDM server is restarted, all the repositories are loaded automatically. Unfortunatelly one of the repositories is loading without index, while the other repositories loads with index as we need. I do not know why this difference between repositories is occuring, but i need to fix it.

I investigated in some MDM manuals and i found that this kind of automatic process could be performed using Clix commands. I mean that repLoad command should be the right one, please check this quote:

-

CLIX repLoad MdsHostSpec RepositorySpec Credentials [-R]

[-D] [-En] [-W]

Load a mounted MDM repository. Adding the #R flag forces indices and

accelerators to be rebuilt. With either #E1 or #E2, an error is returnedif the repository is already running/loaded.

-

As our MDM is mounted on an Unix server, i would like to know how could i implement the use of Clix commands on this kind of server. Does this commands should be ran throught an Unix script?

Thanks in advance,

Mariano Pinkava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can run CLIX commands in a Unix script.

You can find more in depth information about the CLIX commands, flags, arguments in the MDM Console reference guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/MDMConsole71.pdf

Part 14 - page 379

BR,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano Pinkava

You are right. SAP MDM provide clix utility for both OS Unix(AIX) and Windows.

You can use clix for manage SAP MDM Servers and Repositories.

You can include clix command line into you scripts.

You can run your script from scheduler ( for exhample "cron" ) - if you have permissions for that.

You can manage SAP MDM installed on your Unix Server from your local Win PC(or Win server).

In this case your Clix utility should be the simular version as SAP MDM installed on Unix Server.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka