Did you mean: 

How to give space between title displaying elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

i have used two ui elements named Caption

for 1st i have given name is Rate Category

for 2nd i have given name is Select Action:

now in the output both are displaying in the same line. if i use down it is going down some where else.

according to me the output should be displayed like this Rate Category----> under this Select action should be displayed. kindly tell me the steps how to do it.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

Edited by: naveen.webhelp on Feb 7, 2011 3:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Naveen,

This is depending on the layout you choose. In you case default layout is Flowlayout which arranges the UI from left to right and automatically begins next line when there is no space available on scrren.

Solution for you is to have a Matrix Layout for the ROOT Container and any other containers you may have in your view.

Now you can choose Matrix Head data for both of your caption UI element which would bring both in a separate row as you wish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi baskaran,

if i am using the above you mentioned it is dsiplaying in disorder way can you suggest me any other which i have to use.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you given layoutdatatype as matrix head data for both the captions.

that will show then in the start of the line .

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

In theory it is not possible. If you have a rootuielementcontainer - > Layout ->Matrixlayout

You add directly under this root. 2 UI element Caption_1,Caption_2 ->Layout data->MAtrix Head data

I am getting layout with

Test Caption_1

Test Caption_2

Now please explain me ,you have done the same thing as me and it gives different result ?.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Try with matrrix layout like what suggested experts above..

And if u want gaps between and all use Invisible element, with widht and height properties of this element u can adjust your captions.

Thanks,

Kris.