cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add infoobject as infoprovider into existing multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add an infoobject as infoprovider into existing multiprovider. However when I change this multiprovider, I am unable to find this infoobject in the tab "Infoobject".

Does anybody know how to make this infoobject available for selection in mutlprovider change screen?

Thank you!

rajatina.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

yes, I already insert char. ZOFFICE as infoprovider in infoprovider tab in RSA1. Infoobject ZOFFICE only have text master data.

There are two cubes existing in MP. MP and Both cubes already contains char. ZOFFICE in a dimension table and also in the navi.attribute area.

I am still unable to find ZOFFICE in multiprovider change screen. Shall I remove char. ZOFFICE from those MP and two cubes first, then maybe ZOFFICE can be added?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U can just close the session and reopen ,

Open the multiprovider in changes mode ,find the object ZOFFICE in infocubes list (in ur case u have 2 infocube in MP )

then drag the infoobject to that MP dimensions ..and assign the infoobject for the infocubes which u require .

former_member209702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do following things for adding ZOFFICE in your multiprovider:

1. Check whether ZOFFICE is set as infoprovider

>> Go to infoboject ZOFFICE in change mode.

Go to tab Master data/ texts

Scroll down and check whether the checkbox for "Characterisitc is infoprovider" is checked.

If its not checked then please check it.

2. Open your multiprovider in change mode.

Go to infoObjects tab.

search for your ZOFFICE infoobject with find option

Make sure you have selected radio button "Display all infoproviders (Place selected first)" in "Display options"

If still you are not able to find your infoobject then select the option "only selected and infoarea" and here select the infoarea in which you have added ZOFFICE as infoprovider

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Geetanjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried all, but bad luck, I can not find it.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Infoobject ZOFFICE only have text master data.

It won't be available unless "with master data" is ticked in the Master data/text tab of infoobject.

Since, you don't have any attibute of that infoobject ZOFFICE it dosn't make sense to put it in multirpovider either.

If you want to enable TEXT of ZOFFICE at query level with base data from your two source cubes then you have the option to enable text at query level, when you build query on multiprovider.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why it doesn't work if ZOFFICE only have text data? Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajatina,

Did you add ZOFFICE as char or attr in your cube..........

if it is as char please check in which dimension it present....

go to multiprovider.....in change mode....add that char into your multiprovider....

if its added as Nav attr in cube...then go to multiprovider & check in Nav atttr sections.

hope this will help you....

Thanks,

Vijay.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about if I choose button "with master data" in the Master data/text tab of infoobject ZOFFICE??

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> how about if I choose button "with master data" in the Master data/text tab of infoobject ZOFFICE??

You will be able to add to multiprovider.Doesn't make sense to me adding infoobject as infoprovider without attributes, unless you want union of your master data and transactional data.

Why it doesn't work if ZOFFICE only have text data? Please advise.

No.

Edited by: Praveen G on Feb 9, 2011 9:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

if masterdata table doesn't exist you won't be able to add infoobject to MP.

Now the point is you need to load the master data table.

other wise in MP you would be able to see entries of MD which are part of tranactional data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This infoobject should be available in Infoproviders folder in RSA1. Check it first.

Is the infoobject a MD object? did you insert this infoobject in any info area in the info provider folder.

In RSA1, Right click on the info area in the infoprovider under modelling , Select the option. Insert Characteristic as infoprovider. Give your infoobject here.

Re-open the MP and you will find the info object under the info object tab this time.

Regards,

Sudheer

Edited by: Sudheer Kumar Kurra on Feb 7, 2011 3:54 PM