cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending product master to customer and supplier location in SNC

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Product Master is not extended to Customer and Vendor locations when you CIF Material Master from ECC to SNC system.

So how do typically projects extend Product Master to Customer locations especially for Customer Collaboration process.

CIF enhancement is one option and custom BAPI developments in APO is another option. Someone mentioned using APO Loader tool. But want to know what is typically used in SNC projects.

Thanks,

Somnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath

We use customer collaboration and we use MASSD - Mass maintenance transaction in SNC to extend materials at customer location. We get excel file in specified format which we use to extend materials at customer location in mass.

Thanks

Pravin

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

To my knowledge you can use MASSD to set master data values not extend the master data itself.

How did you extend the product master to customer / supplier location in the first place.

If you are using Excel template did you use APO Loader / BAPI functionality to extend product master and maintain master data values.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath

We extend the products at customer location using LSMW.

Thanks

Pravin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am SNC functional consultant, Reference to above original post Extended Product master to customer and supplier location in SNC.

I got one requirement that SNP planner code need to float the values in SNC planner field in an automated way. For this requirement MASSD will not fulfill.

In Product master SNP planner are uploading manually by their own proceedure. Now user downlading those SNP planner values and uploading manually in SNC by BDC program, but BDC program is not fulfil the requirement.

can you please let me know , we should not exetended product master, how can acheive to float SNP Planner values to SNC planner values in an automated way.

Regards,

Kumar

shekhar_gupta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You have to handle it in CIF. There are 2 options:

1) In the inbound user exit of SNC for location product, copy SNP  Planner into SNC  Planner

2) In Outbound user exit of R/3, fill the value of SNC Planner.

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Thanks for your reply. In present situation planners are not coming from ECC to SCM- APO(as per your proposed solution).

In APO product master, SNP planner are uploading manually with their proceedure(either a program or winshuttle tool). But planner are not coming from ECC via CIF to APO.

Also, in our business APO forecast data is also coming to SNC, can we have any choice to float the SNP planner value in PROACT Idoc by customized program. I think in this way a lot of cutomization & validation also required. we have any advantages to follow this way and any disadvantages are there.

otherwise any other option is there to float these SNP planner values to SNC Planner values in an automated way.

Kind Regards

Kumar

shekhar_gupta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Do you have the APO & SNC on same system and sharing same master data?

If yes, then at the time of upload of SNP planner code, in the material exit (using ABAP code) you can copy SNP Planner code into SNC Planner code.

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Thanks for your reply, can you please give me the Exit.

Kind Regards,

Kumar

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Came across a Consulting Note 1308054 SCM Master Data issues in VMI which talks about SAP Master Data Cockpit which is SOA based tool to help setup Master Data in SCM especially SNC.

Hope someone has seen it work can share their experience.

Somnath

yvo_wijnen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried to access the SAP note mentioned by Somnath, but got the following message: The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only. Is it still available somewhere?

Also, I found some information about a SCM Master Data Cockpit. https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-3695

Has anyone more information about this tool? Is it available now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one project ABAP development, in another project script & MASSD.

J.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

Can you be more explicit about the ABAP Development. Is it using standard BAPI or is it CIF user exit / BADI enhancement to extend and maintain product master.

For the second project are you referring using LSMW or BDC scripts to extend product master?

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath

Cant we create materials @ customer locations using customer material option in cfm1 transaction by maintaining the vd53

customer material info record???

will this not satisfy the need to extend product master @ custoemr location

@ everyone : please advise on the same

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Somanth

Yes it was the standard BAPI for one.

Then for the scripting, i dont know what you call it, it's the last button on SAP GUI when you log in (green, red, blue monitor) if you expand it you have scripting option there.

J.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I don;t think Customer Material Info Record can be used to drive extension of product at customer location.

In fact in CFM1 the option is for Customer master only not product extension or a combination unless of course you are talking about CIF enhancement.

Thanks,

Somnath