cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal eventing - No Client Data Bag API (eg. EPCM.storeClientData())?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're on ECC6 701.

I'm trying to raise a portal event from a web dynpro for abap and subscribe to the event in a BW template. I can raise the event no problem, but I cannot get the bw template to subscribe to it.

So I then decided to use the Client Data Bag API, where I would store the parameter in the web dynpro:

EPCM.storeClientData(....) and pick it up the in BW template EPCM.loadClientData(...)

My problem is that in the portal integration interface (IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION) in the web dynpro there does not seem to be a method to correspond to EPCM.storeClientData(....) . There are other methods to raise/subscribe a portal event but none that correspond to the client data bag.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? I find it hard to believe that with everything catered for in web dynpro, the client data bag API has not been catered for.

Many thanks in advance,

Liz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Your observation is correct. There is no databag api from WebDynpro ABAP. Reason , i do not know, probably some of the SAP mentors could explain that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Many thanks for the response, although it was not the response I wanted! I guess I have no other option then but to persevere with getting my bw template to subscribe to the event.

Thanks,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Liz,

I can understand that. Please get in touch with Thomas Jung or Bertram Ganz . They might have some solution for you with respect to datbag.

You can have look into "database cookie" concept to write data and read it back from BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will look into it, thanks. I just cannot understand why I cannot pick the event up in the BW template. Like, I can raise an event from the BW template and subsribe to it in the web dynpro for abap but I cannot get it to work the other way around. I have checked my spellings to make sure I'm subscribing to the correct event and that and still nothing. It's most perplexing!

Many thanks again,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

That is bit bothering.

You are able to send portal event from BW to WDA application not able to send portal event from WDA to BW ?

Is your subscription in BW is correct and active ?

Can it be possible that while you send a portal event from WDA the BW iView refreshed or not active etc ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are not going to believe this!!!!!! When I was pasting some code to show you my subscribe statement, I realised that there was a space in front the function name and that's why it was not working!!!

So while I had checked the event name and that I obviously missed the space in front of the function name!!!!!!

I've been working on this for 2 days. I could literally kick myself!!!

Anyway, many thanks again for your time and help.

All the best,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

I believe you , it happens often in our development team. When you are explaining the problem to others you see the problem and solution at the same time.

Fine that it is solved for you now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

After reading this thread though would post my question to you as I'm trying to develop somethign in similar lines as you have.

We have 2 ECC systems (i.e., different landscapes), wanted to use Enterprise Portal with 2 iview's of Web Dynpro ABAP on page to share data by Eventing. The 2 Web Dynpro's are from different ECC systems...

I have fired the event from 1 Web Dynpro and subscribed for the same event in another Web Dynpro but I'm not able to make it work. If it the same landscape it works very much fine.

I would apprecaite if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaylan,

Are the landscapes in the same domain? If memory serves me right, i think both systems would have to be in the same domain for it to work. If they're not in the same doman, you might try some domain relaxing and see if that solves your problem. There's lots out there on domain relaxing...

I could be wrong, but it's worth a try.

Best of luck,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liz ! It worked. Unable to assign you the points as I don;t see the option here as the thread is closed.

-Kalyan.

Answers (0)