Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing type doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Professionals,

i wish to get your help to clarify some dobut concerning billing types:

1. Can a Credit memo , a billg doc, be the Reference doc for creating Cr memo Request and all the complaint-related processes like Returns order, Invoice Correct Request, where billing doc can be reference doc.

2. Is it true that Invoice correction and cancellation MUST use a Reference?

3. In order to correct invoices, is it a must that invoice correction billing doc must not already be released or approved or transfered to FI?

4. Can CR memo be created directly in a transaction code ? Also, can it be created directly

in a transaction code without billing doc as reference? Can i confirm, these 2 ways are not

possible as there is no such business processing?

regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) A billing document can be a reference (preceding) document for Credit Memo Request but cannot be a credit memo

2) Not clear what exactly you mean

3) Normally, you cannot do any changes once you save the billing document even if it is not transferred to FI. Please indicate what change you want to make before releasing to FI

4) Yes through BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE you can create a billing document directly

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

By point 2, I meant is reference mandatory for Cancellation bill doc type and Invoice Correction Request doc type since they both logically refer to a billing doc. I doubt comes from the fact that cancellation is created from within the transaction screen of the billing doc and not via 'create with reference' function. I think its done in the background. So, I just want to confirm the understanding is correct.

Cheers!

John

Answers (0)