cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoterms are not getting copied at the item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have an sales order where If we change the Incoterms at the header level, its not getting copied at the line Items. Its giving an information mesage stating, Header Business Data does not apply to Item.

The Incoterms are intially getting copied from Customer master, but later I am not able to change it.

Please let me know what might be the reasons ? If possible Please let me know some User exits which needs to be checked.

Thanks,

Swathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in VOV8 for your sale order type the following:-

a) If both Check Division and Item division are ticked, then system will pop up this message due to the fact that in the said sale order, the item division differs from header division

b) The field "ProdAttr.messages" should be blank

Next go to VOV7, select your item category and execute. There ensure that the box is ticked for "Business item". If this is unticked, then system will copy all header data to line item and you cannot change it.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I checked in VOV8 settings, Check Divisio Field is blank and Item division field is tickled. And ProdAttr.messages has been left blank.

Also in VOV7, the Business Item field is checked.

But still system is not allowing me to copy the header Incoterms to Item level. I manually have to change at each Item.

I also have one more question. When I create the order, at the ite level system picks some other Incoterm.

I know that at header level, the incoterm is copied from the Sold to party. But what about the Item level? Why the system picks different one at Item level?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Why the system picks different one at Item level?

Check in VD52 whether any different inco terms is maintained. System will always give first preference to this when you create a sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

I checked VD52, but no Customer material Info Record exists.

Thanks,

Swathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material division was dofferent from the division in which sales order was created. Thats why changing incoterms at the header level was not getting copied at the item level.

Thanks all for your help.