cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD/PS: Integrated Revenue Planning appearing even when IP flag turned off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually have two issues illustrated by this recording http://www.screencast.com/t/3ILztTas but this question is referring to ...

i) Notice that even when I have the Integrated Planning flag turned off on WBS elements within the project definition, CJ42 reports planned revenue figures coming through from sales line items assigned to the u2018offu2019 elements?

NB. When viewing the recording, hover the mouse over the canvas to see the player controls, take the mouse off the canvas to remove the controls

Does anyone else have experience of this and know what the problem is?

Thanks.

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your planning profile where you might have ticked automatic revenue planning.

Integrated planning is for Cost planning with cost center planning and it is nothing to do with revenue planning.

Thanks

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Abdul - that seems to be the answer. Does that mean that it is not possible to be selective about what lines of a sales order are passed through to Revenue Planning?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you explain a little bit about your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is licence & maintenance sales where we have a contract with on-going annual maintenance which startes from the 1st jan of the following year with an annual billing plan that goes out into the future for the duration of the contract. This billing plan will contribute to the version zero plan.

There is also a Sales Order produced at the time of the sale which can occur at any point during the year and contains the actual licenses and a pro-rata value for maintenance in the current year. This is billed more or less immediatley and therefore represents actual sales rather than planned sales and therefore I felt this should not be passed through to Rev planning.

What is your view?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to consider the sales order value in planned revenue please remove the tick from planning profile.

What about RA. for RA revenue planning is required.

Tnx.

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andul - I appreciate you taking the the time to give this some thought.

Both the contract and the sales order are assigned to the same project .... that's why I'm asking the question, is it possible to automatically plan some SD revenue streams directly onto a project, whilst excluding other streams (sales documents) that are assigned to the same project, i.e. the contract is assigned to an element where the revenue goes through to planning but the sales order is assigned to elements that do not .... is this possible?

We don't currently use RA but in any case you can plan manually ... the licence sales would still be planned, they just would not be planned at the time of the sale as that is too late, as I say at that stage, it is an actual, not a plan ... does that make sense?

Thanks.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System updates revenue planning only from Sales order or Quotation (not from contract). This is the standard behaviour.

It seems you are attaching contract to root level WBS element and indivdual sales order to lower level WBS element and you want to plan only revenue at root level WBS element.

Get abaper help and check the possibility of using some exit / Badi (I am not aware any for this purpose).

Tnx.

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No - I'm attaching all my sales documents to 3rd and 4th level elements.

Yes - I can see that the Planning Profile can be turned off/on for Sales Order or Quotations but I have assigned a contract to the WBS (3rd level) and revenue plan is updated?

Anyway - I guess you've taken me as far as you can go - thanks for the help.

Patrick.