cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install ESR on SAP NW 7.20 CE ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to install an ESR on a SAP NW 7.20 CE? Do which ESR version we should use for that?

Thanks a lot,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'm not sure I understand your question. The ESR is shipped with SAP NW CE (I think since CE 7.1) & SAP PI.

You just need to decide (if you also have SAP PI in your environment) whether you want to install the ESR that comes shipped with SAP CE or the one that comes shipped with SAP PI. You decide this when you're doing the actual installation of SAP CE or SAP PI & generally people use the one that comes shipped with SAP PI if they are using SAP PI extensively.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

right, that's what I wanted to konw. So the ESR "just" has to be configured after the NW CE installation..

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you want to use the SAP CE ESR, it needs to be installed with the CE installation & then configured (see post installation steps of the CE installation master guide on Service Marketplace).

If you're planning to use the SAP PI ESR (if it's already installed), then you would 'just' need to do some config so that SAP CE has full visibility of the SAP PI ESR.

Regards, Trevor