cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic valuation of inspection point for physical samples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is after recording results (QE11) for each and every sample, automatic valuation of inspection point to be done.

Inspection point valuation not done automatically even though I have created the required details in inspection Plan.

I have maintained the following details in inspection plan

In Inspection plan header:

Inspection Point : 200 & Sample Drawing Procedure

In Inspection Plan Operation Details:

Insp.Point Completion: Automatic valuation based on inspection point definition.

Is there any settings to be done in customiszation.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards

V.Devaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check following when you select ---> Insp.Point Completion: Automatic valuation based on inspection point definition.

The valuation screen for the inspection point is not called up after the inspection characteristics have been closed.

The inspection point is valuated automatically using the inspection point definition.

If all the inspection characteristics are accepted, the acceptance valuation code is used.

If one or more inspection characteristics have been rejected, the rejection valuation code is used.

Note

The valuation screen is always called up, if you:

Defined a partial lot assignment in the task list header

Use the function key to call it up manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

The inspection point is valuated automatically. But in Usage Decision Code Valuation not updated for the Physical Samples.

I need automatic Code Valuation in Usage Decision for Physical Samples.

Thanks & Regards

V.Devaraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap-Guys.

I am facing the same problem, and I did several workarounds, to evalueate the inspection point by myself.

The problem is this :

We are using RFC-techniques to evaluate samples.

Shortly, there is an inspection , which is defined, to be per point, consisting of two user fields, date and time. There must be three things (characteristics )controlled, two manually, by the workers, and the third will be calculated internally by sap via formula.

The rfc-possibilities are provided by myself, building a rfc-enabled z-module, which calls some SAP-BAPIS, from which one is called

BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS

Until now I do not think, it behaves like tha sap-gui.

Am I doing something wrong, or does this module really not behave like the sap gui ???

If I evaluate the very first char , I check, whether this is the only one for this actual inspection point.
If so, I delete the code groups, if any, (only quantitative evaluation til now ) and the point stays grey, ok, because there are still two other char-evaluations missing.

If my char to evaluate is not the first, then I check, which are stil left, AND , if there are any left without evaluation, I also erase code and codegroups ( if any ) in the insppoint structure, so the char gets its evaluation and the point still stays grey.

But if there had been already any evaluations, I manually check , whether my actual value meets the tolerances, and then I manually tell the inspection-point structure, which code must be used, in order to set its own state correctly.

This means, if my actual sample meets the tolerances, and only one sample was rejected , I tell the inspection point, to stay red, by setting the approoriate code manually from qplak.

If all others were ok, but the actual evaluation ( calculated manually again, tolerances ... ) is not ok, then i tell the inspection point structure, to get "red".

I do this every time, a evaluation takes place, and it works nice for simple values.

And here is my big Problem :

My last characteristic of the three to be evaluated, must not be evaluated by the workers, but BY calculation inside sap, BECAUSE IT HAS A FORMULA.

Especially for this case I left a comment in my code, and now this case occurred.

So, what could be a better approach , to use this bapi, AND trigger automatic inspectionpoint evaluation WITHOUT MY ENTIRE WORKAROUND ( where I now see, that it cannot deal with formulas ) ???

( It could, if I debugged deep enough, to check, how it builds the formula ) , but bapis are there to use them.

Aren`t they???

Could anybody give me a hint ?

Thx and best regards

R.Dornfeld