cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.01 hints

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have some questions regarding SRM 7.01.

Last time I installed an SRM system, it was possible to install a dual stack (both Java and ABAP together), but now it seems I have to both install a stand alone ABAP and a standalone Java installation. Is this correct?

If the above is true, is it then possible to install both the Java and the ABAP system on the same physical server?

After skimming the documentation, then it seems that an external PI is needed for communication, is this also necessary if you only want to connect SRM to your ERP system?

Last time I looked at SRM was around version 4.0, at that time I think I remember it had a build-in Portal for presentation, but now it seems an external SAP portal is needed. Is this correct?

It also seems that IPC is automatic included in the Java instance (earlier you had to install it separately), is this correct?

I am going to read the documentation in detail, but a few pointers regarding the above would be nice.

If there are any other important issues to notice, feel free to say so.

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can install both Java & ABAP stack in a single physical server. and PI is required only if you want to have SUS scenario.

regs,

CB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing an install of SRM 7.01 ABAP and JAVA as well. Did you go through with this install? Do you have any pointers or run into any problems?

Thanks