cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC (using AAE) vs IDoc (Using IE) vs ABAP Proxy (using IE) in PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In previous versions of SAP PI, SAP recommends the use of IDoc or Proxy over RFC mainly due to performance reasons, but with PI 7.1, RFCs can use AAE which significantly boost its processing.

So the question is, with PI 7.1, is the performance of RFC adapter using AAE good enough that is should be considered over IDocs (using IE) & Proxies (using IE)? Please provide elaborate reply.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>>So the question is, with PI 7.1, is the performance of RFC adapter using AAE good enough that is should be considered over IDocs (using IE) & Proxies (using IE)? Please provide elaborate reply.

Answer: If your major objective is only the performance factor then you can go for AAE using RFC. But RFC's individual processing performance is slightly lower than idocs and proxy.

Though AAE monitoring is just only in RWB, But due to less persistence steps involved in the entire processing, RFC with AAE supercede other options.

IDOc using IE vs Abap Proxy using IE --- I would recommend only Abap Proxy using IE. Plus you get all the monitoring features here.

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Proxy is always good for monitoring & system performance.

I will also suggest you to use ABAP proxies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj & Sandeep,

Even I prefer Proxies but currently I am evaluating if you have a standard BAPI is it worth creating a ABAP proxy or extending an standard IDoc.

If my RFC adapter is going to perform better than my ABAP proxy with monitoring possible in RWB and SAP themselves promoting AAE its worth looking into the option.

Is there some performance comparison between the three on PI 7.1?

Regards,

Rahul

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a sender side RFC / BAP Scenario, the Monitoring will be possible in RWB, when the data reached at PI System.

But if there, PI System is stoped or connection is disconnected from ECC System, at that time your data sent from ECC System will not be available at PI System & you will not find that in monitoring at ECC system also.

At the position you will restart the process again, if possible.

But in the case of Proxy, you will get that data in SXMB_MONI on ECC System & when the connection will UP, the data will reach at PI System automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree Sandeep.

Right now I am trying to get info about the performance factor and then will weigh it against drawbacks of RFC.

-Rahul

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

performance point of view IDoc,ABAP Proxies ,RFC(using AAE ) gives same .

When you have a Standard IDoc then go with IDoc no need of Proxy.

The same way BAPI also..

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still prefer go with ABAP proxy, the reason was if you use AAE then monitoring not possible and logging to.

For logging you have to write module. most of the clients(my client)not accepted for AAE because of monitoring issue.

Regards,

Raj