cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kerberos Reverse Proxy Multiple Targets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to implement Windows Integrated Authentication using Kerberos, however, we currently have an IISProxy that provides access to our Portal system and our BW System. According to note 886214 you can't use Web Dispather when you have a reverse proxy with multiple targets and want to user Kerberos. It also says that a third party tool must be used in this case. I've seen that apache web server can be used do reverse proxying. My question is: Will apache work with Kerberos?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Andrés Acero

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've successfully tested Integrated Windows Authentication using Apache as a reverse proxy. There is no special configuration needed. However I've done it with just one target. I'll try to update when I test it with multiple targets.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

Can you specify a bit more what is ment with "Multiple targets" in this case. The note 886214 reads:

"If only Kerberos protocol is used trough the whole landscape for Windows integrated authentication AND the reverse proxy should map to one target only AND IPv6 is not used AND no third party ISAPI modules are in use, Web Dispatcher and SPNego modules may be used."

Does the target mean same as sap-instance? So if I run an EP-system with f.ex. central instance and 2 dialog instances that means that I need a separate reverse proxy (like apache or still IIS) for handling connections to multiple servers? And can the SAP Webdispatcher do the job

Regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any toughts about how can a Web Dispatcher do reverse proxy to serveral targets or about experience with Apache will be appreciated.