cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Index

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing Index rebuild for a Index FAGLFLEXA~3 its size is 71GB and PSAPTEMP size is 86GB. Still i am getting the below error:

ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace PSAPTEMP, and then Index rebuild is getting cancelled.

My oracle database version is "11.2.0.1.0:

Could anyone please guide me to know the reason of its fail.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Prashant Dubey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are doing online, thats the reason system is not able to extend the size because your PSAPTEMP is being used with other online activity.

I suggest you to extend the tablespace PSAPTEMP as suggested by the ORA error (SIZE) and rebuild.

Regards,

Nick Loy

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Nothing was going on the system, its a regression system. Only i was only logged in to perform the Index rebuild.

Did you faced such issue before.

Best Regards,

Prashant Dubey

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

See the note 970538 and 771929

May this help you.

regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

0 Kudos

Hi ganesh,

Thanks for your reply, but i have the only option was to increase the PSAPTEMP size and after increasing the size it was succesfull.

Thanks the notes you gave me was also helpfull.

Best Regards,

Prashant Dubey

Former Member
0 Kudos
Did you faced such issue before

Above error is a common error whenever system is not able to allocate/get the required space in a tablepace.

What is the utilization (Free space) of your PSAPTEMP now? If it is < your current requirement, I suggest you to extend the tablespace by adding new datafile (Temp tablespace extension will not hamper your system and system creates parse files for such tablespaces).

And you can recreate the temp tablespace at anytime without any downtime.

Regards,

Nick Loy