cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SAP CRM Developer - Please help with the following courses. Your help i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, congratulations for your wonderful community.

Im an employer at a financial company who recently setup SAP solutions. SAP was setup by an outsourcing company. However, the management has decided that they would like to have an insider to continue with custom development of the system.

The company is using the SAP CRM.

Long story short, i will be sent for SAP, CRM training. The question i have (and i would be grateful for your help) is:

After a quick talk i had with personell from the SAP Academy, it concluded it would be best if i attended the following courses:

SAPCRM - OVERVIEW OF THE SAP CRM SOLUTION

CR100 - CRM CUSTOMIZING FUNDAMENTALS

for CRM Administration and

SAPTEC - Fundamentals of SAP NetWeaver Application Server

BC400 - ABAP Workbench Foundations

for SAP systems development

Are all of these courses vital for CRM development? Do i need to attend all 4 of them in order to better understand SAP CRM or are the SAPTEC and BC400 adequate to be able to do custom development for SAP CRM?

I know the first two have nothing to do with development but they are rather useful for CRM administration/customization/orientation.

Allow me to say that i have zero experience with SAP systems and that i come from a technical background. I have been a software developer for the last 2 years and im expert on OO programming (especially with Java)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some forum members have given great answers regarding my original question. I just require some additional feedback before i book the courses

Following recommendations and having another phone session with SAP Education personnel, i have decided to only do the BC400 course since SAPTEC only consists of a basic introduction including only one line of code of ABAP.

Our company has the R3 solution and activated Sales for the time being with a scope to activate the marketing module sometime in the future. As mentioned, much of the functionality is custom made by our SAP outsourcers.

Now following up my original question, since im a SAP newcomer, and a SAP developer newbie, would BC400 be adequate to get me going into SAP development? Would anyone recommend a complementary course that will add greatly to the knowledge i will acquire through the BC400?

Thank you very much for considering my question.

Have a great day

Edited by: christophorosp on Feb 20, 2011 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following recommendations and having another phone session with SAP Education personnel, i have decided to only do the BC400 course since SAPTEC only consists of a basic introduction including only one line of code of ABAP.

Our company has the R3 solution and activated Sales for the time being with a scope to activate the marketing module sometime in the future. As mentioned, much of the functionality is custom made by our SAP outsourcers.

Now following up my original question, since im a SAP newcomer, and a SAP developer newbie, would BC400 be adequate to get me going into SAP development? Would anyone recommend a complementary course that will add greatly to the knowledge i will acquire through the BC400?

Thank you very much for considering my question.

Have a great day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>> Both the above courses are vital for the new person like you who is entering in SAP CRM world. Above coursed will be helpful in terms of understanding the SAP CRM product from BUSINESS PROCESS perspective and how SAP CRM solution help to meet different client specific business process. The above two courses will be helpful more for a SAP CRM Functional consultant, who do all the configuration settings and mapping of client business process with the SAP CRM scenarios.

SAPTEC - Fundamentals of SAP NetWeaver Application Server

BC400 - ABAP Workbench Foundations

>> As you are from TECHNICAL side and given a responsibility to work closed for the DEVELOPMENTS done, these courses are more important. All the ABAP fundamentals will be clarified in these courses, which will help you to learn the ABAP programming in a faster way.

Hence the combination of above 4 courses will make you an expert in TECHNOFUNCTIONAL area.

By my suggestion will be to concentrate more on a TECHNICAL side, with the technical background you have the responsibilities which are given to you.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply. So as a personal suggestion you would advise me to skip the

courses and focus on the technical courses? Would the technical courses be adequate for a person non aware of the SAP CRM solution, i.e. will i get enough information about the CRM without doing any actual courses or perhaps an orientation of the system? As i told you i am not at all experienced with CRM so will i be able to do further development without understanding the business aspect of the CRM? As per your answer, "...mapping of client business process with the SAP CRM scenarios."

Please correct me if i am wrong but, what im worried is that i may receive requirements for new functionality from the management team of the company but wont be able to apply them efficiently because of my lack of spherical knowledge of the CRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually, there should be someone in your team who will work from FUNCTIONAL side. He/she will understand the business prcoess requirement and will summarise you.

If any development needed, you can do so with your skills in ABAP.

Just to conclude, any additional FUNCTIONAL knowledge is advantageous. But as you are new to SAP CRM, you should concentrate on one area, get expertise in that and then move on to learn more.

May be you can just attend the BASIC CRM course highlighted in your post which will help you understanidng of SAP CRM as a whole.

Hope this will help

Regards