Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new values in Planning Area

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a planning area for Annual budget which is quotation quantities. If I want to compare budgeted quantities and sales orders, I have to add sales order key figures in the planning area.

Can I add new key figures to the existing planning area. and to the existing info cube.

thanks and regards

Murugesan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murugesan,

Yes you can add additional KFs to planning areas. I don't know what you mean by "existing IC", but you can also add KF to ICs. RSA1 for ICs, /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN for PAs.

You will lose your existing data in the process, so make sure you back up existing data before moving the changes into the production system. Practice the restore in Dev and Qual before you commit to Production.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugugesan,

First I want to ask whats the version of your SCM system, is it SCM 7.0? .

There are ways to add keyfigures to planning area as well as Info cubes, all dfepends on the release.

In SCM 5.0 and Above there are options to Add Keyfigures to existing planning are as well as Inof cubes without loosing data.

1. Planing ares : right click on any planning are in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and there is a option change planning are, you can go and add your keyfgure.

2. Info cubes : you can add or delete characterstics or keyfigures to Info cubes without loosing data in rsa1, check in one of the menu in rsa1, there is a option change infocube. ( i don't remeber the exact menu option)

In SCM 4.0 to SCM 5.0 :

1. Planning area : If you want keyfigures to Planning area you loose entire data, so you need to take backup and then change the planning are and restore back after your changes are done.

2. Info cube : Info cubes are alo same, you need to backup and then change Info cube,

Regards,

Srini