cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPORT DOMAIN CONTROLLER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done a fresh installation Test System of SAP Netweaver EHP2 with SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I already had the DEV system setup with the same configuration.

After completing the installation I used STMS to configure the system (TEST) with the domain controller (DEV), everything went successfull and i also approved the system from the domain controller.

Because of which the Global values DIRTRANS (Overview--> Systems) pointed to
DEV\sapmnt\trans.

But I am not able to see the transport request from DEV system, neither I can add one.

Furhther investigating, I found out that DIR_TRANS and DIR_EPS_ROOT were pointing locally to the test server.

I tried changing values in the instance profile as well, Doing that everthying went down and import queue is now giving error

DIR_TRANS=//DEV/sapmnt/trans

DIR_EPS_ROOT=//DEV/sapmnt/trans/EPS

-

"Transport control program tp ended with error code 0208 "

An error occurred when executing a tp command.

Command: COUNT CBT pf=
GCPLBIDEV\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAI

Return code: 0208

Error text: error in transportprofil (param missing, unknown,.

Request:

-

The permissions from the folder level also perfectly given.

I have spent an almost entire day on this, Can some1 please help me out on this, your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Yes, I already did that in the past but still no luck.

AL11 shows correct path but when I click on it it gives me an error.

As a workaround i have used different groups for each system but on a same domain, this has helped me to see only the released transport Request from the Dev server.

The usr/sap/trans are local for each system now.

I am still wondering why SAP is not able to go in that remote path? Tried almost everything.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is a domain Installation.

I have explicitly given rights to folders /usr/sap for the users <sid>adm and SAPService<sid> as well as the full control is given to everyone.

Moreover files and directories are accessable from OS level, but my SAP is not able to do that.

Is there something else that needs to be taken care when having a transport directory in a domain??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..Can you try to open the folder DIR_TRANS & DIR_EPS_ROOT from Test system using AL11 transaction? And see if it is pointing to Dev system trans dir.

Also assign the group SAP_<Test_SID>_LOCALADMIN & SAP_<Test SID>_GlobalAdmin full permission to /usr/sap/trans dir. If this is a domain installtion then you shld see those grp while adding them in Dev server.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Is it a domain installation or local installation? If it is local (Windows Installation) then please make sure that sidadm user of test system is a part of SAP_Local_Admin & SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin on Dev system & have these grp have full permission on trans dir. After making this change please test your TMS config.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos
tp ended with error code 0208

Seems there is an issue in accessing the files at OS level, Check whether your tranport directory is shared properly or not and check the file permissions as well.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Please try to reconfigure stms by delete existing tms and configuring new transport as well as configure transport route also .

From,

Ketan Kapadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I already did that, but still no luck

Strange thing is from AL11 i cannot access the path of Domain controller as well (DIR_TRANS). I even tried mapping a network drive but i cannot access anything outside the local server.

Is there anything that I am missing from Permissions??

Although I am able to access the files from OS level <sid>adm user.

Thnaks