Did you mean: 

Define URL in CCM 2.0 catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In our CCM2.0 ,

We have define the field CCM/PICTURE with the URL for picture of the product

We would like to add a second URL for more information of the product ,

We have search for a field that can be set to this URL but could not find any.

Please advise your Idea.

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still have a problem

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just define a custom field with type /CCM/PICTURE, or just populate the long text with the URL for the additional item data, it will not be a clickable link though

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

we have define in /ccm/picture a URL , but we can not see it in the catalog wiew,

If the URL is a picture .JPG we see a small picture ,

But if the URL is any other as " http://test.com"; we see nothing in the catalog search.

Please advise

regards,

Moshe

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe

I am not sure what you are looking to populate in this field, the characteristic for picture is normally defined with type /CCM/ATTACHMENT which expects 3 specific data type components, these are description, URL and MIME type.

These concatonate to make the URL for accessing the mime you wish to display, these normally link to jpg images as this is the most common mime type used in catalog management.

So what are you trying to fill in here and what do you expect to see in the 'preview' frame?

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for prompt reply,

We expect to see in the 'preview' frame one of the options:

1.The url , and option to cllick on it to open in new session,

OR:

2.A small pic of the web site ( of the url) also to click on it to be open.

I hope it is cleare ,

regards,

Moshe

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe

Sorry but you will not get this functionality from this characteristic, it is intended to display MIME objects like images, not display URL data, for this it might be best just to create a new characteristic like 'URL' with a standard string data type like /CCM/LONG_DESCRIPTION so that the user can access this and copy the URL link from there, I do not believe it can be made to be clickable though.

Regards,

Jason