cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Dimension Objects L00 and L01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDNers,

While I was creating a universe data source as SAP BW Cube(OLAP) in the business layer of the universe Designer creates a class containing the characteristic as two dimension objects: Level 00 and Level 01. Ex: Material is Class-->Material Number is Sub Class->L00 material number,L01 Material Number as dimension objects and L00 Material Number Key,L01 Material Number Key as Detail object.

Please tell me What is the difference between L00 and L01 ? I have read the help but I could nt get it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, From an OLAP point of view a characteristic is like a dimension, that means that it contains all the members (level L01) and the All member that aggregates the characteristic members (level L00); These metadata are provied by SAP BW when using OLAP drivers. For a characteristic, the level L00 is not necessary unless you want to use the All member. On the other hand, the level L00 is significant for hierarchies, hierarchy varaibles and structures because it contains members. We provide an option for the universe generation and the universe update that allows to generate or not the level L00. This option is available since BOE XI3.1 SP2. In SP3, we improved the L00 generataion to only impacts the characteristics and not hierarchies and structures. So the recommendation for characteristics is to not use L00. Regards, Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a BEx query where I have Hierarchy fields. When our BO team is creating Universe, they are not able to see the L00 level, We are seeing L01 and other levels.

Please suggest what can be the issue here. We need to Provide user option of selecting the topmost node.

Regards and Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

If your using the version BOE XI 3.1 SP2 then

L00 acts acts as parent node if you have hierarchies in ur universe

If you are using the version BOE XI 3.1 SP3 then

ignore L00.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swathi,

From an OLAP point of view a characteristic is like a dimension, that means that it contains all the members (level L01) and the All member that aggregates the characteristic members (level L00);

These metadata are provied by SAP BW when using OLAP drivers.

For a characteristic, the level L00 is not necessary unless you want to use the All member.

On the other hand, the level L00 is significant for hierarchies, hierarchy varaibles and structures because it contains members.

We provide an option for the universe generation and the universe update that allows to generate or not the level L00.

This option is available since BOE XI3.1 SP2.

In SP3, we improved the L00 generataion to only impacts the characteristics and not hierarchies and structures.

So the recommendation for characteristics is to not use L00.

All the best

Praveen

0 Kudos

L00 makes sense if you have a hierarchy defined for the characteristics. L00 korresponds to the root node of your hierarchy and it is normally an "ALL" node (eg. ALL countries, ALL cost centers, ALL materials etc)

In SAP BW it is possible to define hierarchies with multiple root nodes. At this case it makes sense to use the L00 objects in your report.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stratos

Edited by: Efstratios Karaivazoglou on Feb 6, 2011 10:20 PM