Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer MDM to CRM then MDM to ERP

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working on an solution to distribute the data from SAP MDM to CRM during prospect (no sales order yet) status then MDM to ERP once prospect changed to Customer status (Sales order created). Currently ERP sending data to CRM via standard middleware, so I would like to know the key challenges for the above scenario?

1. CRM customer now exists as R/3 number range and source ERP (logica system), how should I approach here?

2. Account grouping is mapped between ERP and CRM. what should be done?

Finally, we will deactivate transferring data from ERP to CRM, what are the key points need to consider?

Any one done similar scenario.

Thanks,

Bobby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Firstly you need to create 2 remote systems, 3 ports(2 outbound and 1 inbound),2 syndication maps ,1 import map and a ZPROGRAM in CRM

In the syndication map to CRM select the account group 'prospect' in the free form search,which helps you in syndicating PROSPECTS always to CRM.

In the syndication map to ECC in the free form search account group equals to sold to so this map sybdicates only SOLD TO customers to ECC

For extracting the converted customers from CRM to MDM create a zprogram which can be executed background in 2 mins in CRM to send the customer numbers which were converted to sold to and using PI develop an interface (proxy - file) to drop the updated customer's list in to a port using an import map update the status of new account group sold to the converted customers.

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Sowseel

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

Thanks for your reply, now I have follow up query and also CRM not sending data to SAP MDM in our scenario. Only one way to both ERP and CRM.

I will explain the scenario again:

- Create Cusotomer in MDM and distribute to CRM as a Prospect with all sales area data for document creation (e.g. 50001)

- Customer gets matured and decided to buy our products after winning the bid, now customer status will changed from Prospect to Sold to Party status in MDM and corresponding distributes to ERP (e.g. 50001).

Query:

- Is still BP transfer needed between ERP and P20, by assuming that SAP MDM will be the master and transfer data to CRM and ERP independently.

- How will technially Sales Order tranfers between CRM and ERP, CRM customer reference will not exists in ERP GUID table?

Are there such approach has been recommended by SAP, transfer and syndication recommendations?

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by: Bobby on Feb 7, 2011 11:20 PM

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi bob,

I am not sure with the technicalities of sales order data transfer between CRM and ECC.

Lets wait for some more replies

Thanks

Sowseel