Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Clearance Certicate for Dispatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement as follows:

Our material is serial number managed. At the time of GR for production, the material is going to quality inspection (Inspection type 04 has been maintained in Material Master). We have done Results Recording and done UD OK for the Inspection Lot.

Now the requirement from client is that their quality deptt. want to give a quality clearance certificate to Dispatch deptt. It will certify that the material is Ok to be dispatched. This is a generic certificate only and for internal use within the company.

I thought of doing it as follows:

Create a Certificate Profile in QC01. No characteristic data will be entered as client wants to print only that the material is OK to dispatch without giving the details. Assign a form (replace QM_QCERT_01) in the Assigned Layout Set section. This form will have the material serial number among other things. Do the material assignment in QC15. Basically I am following outgoing quality certificate process. Now I will go to T. Code QC21, enter my Inspection Lot number here and in the recipient data section I will select "No recipient". Then I will execute and print the form.

In SE71, we will create a new form and assign the same form in my Certificate profile.

But before going for development of new form, I thought of discussing this here as I am new to Quality Module. There may be some other better way of doing it. Can I continue using the above approach or I should some other approach? Any suggestion please??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of using Quality certificate process, You can also explore using GR/GI printout. See link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/4d/2b8e8343ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

We had similar situation but we had to physically prevent shipment before approval from QA even when UD is complete.

The process we used was

1. Created a new storage location. This location is made not relevant for delivery picking.

2. As part of UD stock posting move material to this new storage location. Material is now out of quality inspection but still cannot be assigned to any delivery.

3. When QA want to allow shipping , Using MB1B transaction move quantity to regular storage location

4. Use GR/GI printout as authorization to ship.

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are executing this manually, why not create an inspection report for this? This is generated manully and only requires you create sapscript form. QA can print it out when ever it is needed.

FF